Forum

Full Version: Does XBian support p2p-streams add-on for Kodi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am new to XBian, I have a little experience with OpenELEC which comes with Kodi already installed. I use it on Raspberry Pi2 as well as booting from a usb inserted into my old laptop.

I have not had any success with p2p-streams by vdubt25 on OpenELEC, I understand is not supported on OpenELEC. not sure if this is correct.

My question is does it work ok on XBian?

Also can I run XBian only on a Raspberry Pi2? or can I also boot from a USB image the way I can with OpenELEC.

Thanks, Hugh
(28th Mar, 2015 03:00 AM)hughparker1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I am new to XBian, I have a little experience with OpenELEC which comes with Kodi already installed. I use it on Raspberry Pi2 as well as booting from a usb inserted into my old laptop.

I have not had any success with p2p-streams by vdubt25 on OpenELEC, I understand is not supported on OpenELEC. not sure if this is correct.

Also can I run XBian only on a Raspberry Pi2? or can I also boot from a USB image the way I can with OpenELEC.

Thanks, Hugh

not sure what the 1st question is and who or what is vdubt25 but you find your answer for your 2nd question >>>here
(28th Mar, 2015 03:06 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(28th Mar, 2015 03:00 AM)hughparker1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I am new to XBian, I have a little experience with OpenELEC which comes with Kodi already installed. I use it on Raspberry Pi2 as well as booting from a usb inserted into my old laptop.

Thanks, Hugh

not sure what the 1st question is and who or what is vdubt25 but you find your answer for your 2nd question >>>here

Thanks for quick reply. I will look at the link now.

Sorry my first question was not clear. p2p-streams is an add-on for Kodi by vdubt25. it enables live streaming of TV channels using torrent technology. It's very good but for some reason it's not supported by OpenELEC. I have managed to get it working using KODIbuntu though. and I wondered if XBian was an option. I like Debian OS so it would be nice if it worked on XBian.
Thanks again for your help.
where do you get your addon from and what are the requirements for it to be working?
(28th Mar, 2015 05:02 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]where do you get your addon from and what are the requirements for it to be working?

I followed the instructions on this YouTube link ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iutIwY78GII

1. initial setp is to create a source using http://fusion.tvaddons.ag/

2. then Add Repo for Add-on Installer "plugin.program.addoninstaller-1.2.0.zip"

3.then Install "p2p-streams repository"

followed by some config steps. It works great (streams live TV sports) on Kodi when it is installed on Linux or Windows but doesn't work on OpenELEC/Kodi on Rasp Pi 2 or installed on USB flash drive, someone told me it was not supported.

So I was wondering if it works on XBian. Has anyone got any experience on this add-on?

I will download and copy XBian to micro SD and check it out on the Rasp Pi first. Then will try on USB flash drive.

EDIT: after installing XBian on microSD, and configuring the p2p-streams add-on I found it was not working, message says "p2p-streams, torrent not available or invalid" so looks like XBian is also not supported same as OpenELEC, unless anyone knows how to fix it. Looks like it's either Kodibuntu or Windows to be able to use p2p-streams add-on.
regards, Hugh
I have tested this for you and all seems to be working
I did it a different (easier way) than in your video tutorial

Go to this Kodi thread
Download the Repository Download

Save the zip file to your SD card (use WinSCP or just plug to your computer)
Than install it as add-on from zip

This will add you that needed repository which allows you to install p2p-streams add-on

Than after you have installed it just follows the rest of you video tutorial and do all the configuration of the addon

Hope it helps
(28th Mar, 2015 05:54 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]I have tested this for you and all seems to be working
I did it a different (easier way) than in your video tutorial

Go to this Kodi thread
Download the Repository Download

Save the zip file to your SD card (use WinSCP or just plug to your computer)
Than install it as add-on from zip

This will add you that needed repository which allows you to install p2p-streams add-on

Than after you have installed it just follows the rest of you video tutorial and do all the configuration of the addon

Hope it helps

///////////////////////////// setup steps ///////////////////////
Thanks for your quic feedback, I did what you suggested but didn't have any luck on XBian / Kodi, still same problem message... "p2p-streams, torrent not available or invalid"

but I did perform the setup on OpenELEC which I have installed on the hard drive on my laptop, and it work successfully. I repeated the setup steps on my htpc which also has OpenELEC installed on the hard drive and it was successful also. So not sure if it is a Raspberry Pi2 specific issue.

These are the steps I followed, could you check if I did anythin wrong?

1. Add Fusion Source
System > File Manager > Add Source
http://fusion.tvaddons.ag/
Add name for the source .fusion (OK)

2. Add Repo for Add-on Installer
System > Settings > Add-ons > Install from zip file > .fusion > Start Here > plugin.program.addoninstaller-1.2.0.zip

3. Install p2p-streams repository
System > Settings > Add-ons > Install from zip file > navigate to downloaded file
"repository.p2p-streams.xbmc-1.0.4.zip" and install

4. Install p2p-streams video add-on
System > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > p2p-streams repository > Video Add-ons > p2p streams > (B) Install

5. Run python sctipt
Videos > Add-ons > p2p-streams > C (context menu) > Add-on Settings > (T) Lists/Parsers > run python script
http://bit.ly/allparsers (B) Done
(B) OK
stay on page for next step

6. configure Add-on for first run (Download AceStream modules)
Videos > Add-ons > p2p-streams >

message.... P2P-STREAMS Are you using OpenELEC? (B) Yes
msg P2P-STREAMS
Downloading SopCast modules - takes around one minute to
msg P2P-STREAMS
Downloading AceStream modules - takes more than one minute to download
msg P2P-STREAMS Extracting modules

Advanced Tools Menu > Import recommended advanced settings > Cachemembuffer=252420
msg... P2P-STREAMS, Xml has been imported. Please restart Kodi (B) OK
Reboot Kodi for changes to take effect.

saw msg briefly on reboot, which said something like... TV repository Add-on repository add-on updated

/////////////// end of setup steps ////////////////

Obviously I am happy that I can now get p2p-streams working on OpenELEC installed on a pc hard drive, but I would like to get it also working on the Raspberry Pi2 with XBian os.

Any Idea what is going wrong here? Thanks again for your help on this, it is much appreciated, I wouldn't be able to get it working at all without your help.

regards,
Hugh
oh, I thought your issue was with getting this addon on. I dont know if the actual torrents works as here in UK all torrent trackers are prohibited so can not really test
Maybe some other user can help further
Sorry
(29th Mar, 2015 03:28 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]oh, I thought your issue was with getting this addon on. I dont know if the actual torrents works as here in UK all torrent trackers are prohibited so can not really test
Sorry

That's ok, I'm glad you responded to my post as I can now use p2p-streams on my laptop and htpc, so it's better than before. I just need to get it working on the Pi.

I will check out the link you gave me previously... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201894 and leave a post there to see if they might be able to help.

Thanks again. Hugh

(29th Mar, 2015 04:54 AM)hughparker1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(29th Mar, 2015 03:28 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]oh, I thought your issue was with getting this addon on. I dont know if the actual torrents works as here in UK all torrent trackers are prohibited so can not really test
Sorry

That's ok, I'm glad you responded to my post as I can now use p2p-streams on my laptop and htpc, so it's better than before. I just need to get it working on the Pi.

I will check out the link you gave me previously... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201894 and leave a post there to see if they might be able to help.

Thanks again. Hugh

quick question about XBian, if I exit the kodi desktop and sitting in the command prompt, what is the login name and password?
(29th Mar, 2015 05:57 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.xbian.org/faq/#

I should have checked there first. thanks for your patience. Hugh
Hello,

i was reading this post since i installed Xbian recently (16.1) on my Raspberry pi 3, in the past i was using Plexus (With Acestream) doing the workaround of install manually the package, however now looks like i've something missing, one of the add ons i use to start the matchs doesn't work, from the logs (i can upload if needed) i think the issue he's not able to parse / curle properly the web to the the acestream:// url.

Should i install the plugin mentioned above? i tried however i see the repo it's down maybe it's deprecated or applicable for older version
I have 'Unapproved' this thread as looking back there are links to 'doggy' stuff Smile And with Kodi guys fighting hard these days against such things I think this would be better to keep it hidden Wink
So please do not Approve or move!
Thanks
I recently tried Organic Body Essentials and was pleasantly surprised. Their CBD oil provided swift relief instead of my concern without any noticeable side effects. The flavor was kind and not overpowering. Additionally, their character navy was notable, addressing my queries promptly. Entire, I warmly commend Organic Body Essentials CBD with a view anyone seeking high-quality CBD products.
Reference URL's