Forum

Full Version: no TUN device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
@mkborkp

Interesting link. Maybe I'll play a little bit with openVPN (when I have time Tongue)
Yeap, go for it mate, it is very handy if you want to get rid of geoblocking.
Changing countries with remote is great.

Let me know how you go, I might have some handy tip for you and will be glad to share my experience .
Thanks.
interesting, thanks for the update!
After reading though various threads on this forum I still can find a solution to my problem.

I am running Xbian or RPI and have installed VPN Manager for OpenVPN but don't seem to be able to get around these errors.

"The OpenVPN executable isn't working. Check the log, then from a command line prompt type 'openvpn' and fix any problems reported"

"The command 'killall' is required to run this add-on. Please install it and ensure it's available on the command path"

"The openvpn, killall and pidof commands all must be installed and available on the command path."

I have tried the following commands:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install openvpn
sudo apt-get install psmisc

But this hasn't resolved the problem. Can anybody shed any light on the issue?

Thanks guys.
(9th Aug, 2018 08:05 AM)ric372 Wrote: [ -> ]After reading though various threads on this forum I still can find a solution to my problem.

I am running Xbian or RPI and have installed VPN Manager for OpenVPN but don't seem to be able to get around these errors.

"The OpenVPN executable isn't working. Check the log, then from a command line prompt type 'openvpn' and fix any problems reported"

"The command 'killall' is required to run this add-on. Please install it and ensure it's available on the command path"

"The openvpn, killall and pidof commands all must be installed and available on the command path."

I have tried the following commands:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install openvpn
sudo apt-get install psmisc

But this hasn't resolved the problem. Can anybody shed any light on the issue?

Thanks guys.

So, what is your problem, you're just copying the text from the VPN Manager's wiki Huh
Please open new thread for your problem
Please look into log files and post relevant parts
Tested latest VPN Manager and got success

All you have to do is adding /usr/sbin/openvpn and /usr/bin/killall with visudo to the list of programs which do not require sudo password for user xbian

The entry (run sudo visudo) should look like this:

Code:
xbian ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/local/sbin/xbian-config, ..., /usr/sbin/openvpn, /usr/bin/killall

or add those two entries to file /etc/sudoers.d/xbian, or better create a new file in this folder because this file is owned by package xbian-update and will be overwritten by next update of that package
(10th Aug, 2018 05:17 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Tested latest VPN Manager and got success

All you have to do is adding /usr/sbin/openvpn and /usr/bin/killall with visudo to the list of programs which do not require sudo password for user xbian

The entry (run sudo visudo) should look like this:

Code:
xbian ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/local/sbin/xbian-config, ..., /usr/sbin/openvpn, /usr/bin/killall

or add those two entries to file /etc/sudoers.d/xbian, or better create a new file in this folder because this file is owned by package xbian-update and will be overwritten by next update of that package

For the sake of completeness:
This will be done automatically now if openvpn package is installed, see this commit
thanx for saving......
VPN creates lots of problems. I do not know why you want to use a VPN for this problem. Ok, if you want to use then use the ZenMate it is the best one and you can enjoy the advantages fully. I hope you will like it. If you still face some problems then just leave it to the post. We will help you to solve it too. Check this website if you want to solve your floor related problems. Here are many things that you can select according to your choice I hope you will like this website and must-see Laminate Flooring.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's