Forum

Full Version: Tv will switch to Xbian after power on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The USB of my Xbian is connected to my tv set. So when I turn the tv on it will also power Xbian. Most of the time the tv is set to HDMI-1 to whatch standard tv programs. However, the tv switches from HDMI-1 to HDMI-2 (the HDMI where I have Xbian connected) after about 20-30 seconds when I turn the tv on.

Sorry if I missed any previous thread on this subject, but I could not find a solution so far. I have tried several suggestion from several people/forums. So my question is: Is it there anyway to fix this on Xbian or it is a tv bug? My Xbian is running the latest version, installed from scratch.

Thanks
Moacir
1st of all you should not power your Raspberry from TV USB port. reason is that it has no efficient amount of power to keep it running properly and also this USB port is switching ON/OFF with TV which is not good for Raspberry again. You should always shut down system first and than turn OFF the power supply to RPi

2nd your TV is switching ON and changing input to HDMI where the Raspberry is connected cos it suppose to do so as there is CEC protocol. So once your Raspberry turns ON it send signal over HDMI to your TV to turn ON and switch to appropriate input

So nothing unusual or wrong here
Well... The TV USB can power my raspberry and that is the way I always used it so far. Now, I didn’t know that Xbian would expect the standard shutdown. I thought it would work more like a gadget (i.e: Apple TV) that you can just switch on and off with no problem. But yes, if I keep it on, then the problem is solved. If this is the expected behavior, never mind about my question.

Thanks,
Moacir
Reference URL's