Forum

Full Version: Troubleshoot a service that is starting twice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm facing a very strange behavior with one service and I hope someone can help me find the cause.

System:
RPi2 with newest xbian release from the installer.

The problem: A self written service is starting a mono application. After the reboot the mono application is running twice. The app itself does not start additional instances and there are no additional startup scripts in rc.local.

when I disable the init.d and start the service manually, it is running fine, only one instance, so I think, the service script is correct.

Then I thought that could habe something to do with the runlevel. I'm in runlevel 2, so I disabled 1, 3, 4, 5 (deleted the symlink) same behavior.

The mono application writes a look file with his pid, to kill it, if needed. This pid is the correct one, the second one starts before the correct pid (pid of this "zombie" is lower)

sometime it woks when using pkill -o process name (kills oldest of these two processes)

I hope its understandable and someone can help me to find the cause, I don't know how to digg deeper into that problem...

thank you, regards, ben
A detail of the script would have gotten a speedier reply.
Reference URL's