Forum

Full Version: Audinst HUD-mini ... no sound :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

i am planning to build a small home theater boxie for my new TV so i am thinking about Raspberry PI 2. Before i do this i borrowed an old version of RPI B from my colleague to do some testing just to try several distros and to become a friend with it. I've ended up with xbian which i like but now i'm stuck on making an USB DAC for my audio equipment to work :/

I have Audinst HUD-mini DAC which is a HID device and does not require any specific driver. I can see the device properly recognized under System -> Audio Output as "ALSA: Default (Audinst HUD-mini Analog)". When playing a video the DAC led starts blinking which signalizes that there is a signal processed but no sound actually comes out :/

So the question is what is the cause? The DAC should not be underpowered since i've set "max_usb_current=1" in the config.txt and the DAC seems to be "alive" (orange LED="standby" and its blinking green while playing="playback"). Maybe the audio is not properly passed to the DAC ? I found some reference HERE that Volumio distro worsk with the higher version of the Audinst DAC, so it might be only some software thing which causing this?

Quote:Software
XBian version: 2015.02.07
XBMC/Kodi version: Kodi 14.1 Git:2015-02-05-38e4046-dirty (Feb 5 2015)
Overclock settings: Eeeeh, default? (did not touched that)

Hardware
Device type and model : Raspberry PI Model B
Power supply rating: Case says "5,6V , 2,1A" but sticker on the source says "5V, 2A"
SD card size and make/type: 16GB class 10 Kingston
Network (Ethernet or wireless): none - connected directly via HDMI to my monitor for the testing purpose
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, ...): USB mouse, USB DAC Audinst HUD-mini

If more info is needed (debug or something) just let me know, i'll provide it.

Thank you in advance.
Have you looked at the thread hifiberry? I can't comment on your particular HW but the HifiBerry works fine on Xbian.
Reference URL's