Forum

Full Version: [Question] How to update Kodi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

I was looking for how to update Kodi in google and in the forum but I couldn't find it. I am not sure if there is no way to update from an old version to a new one and you have to uninstall it and then install the new one.

I've had Kodi 14.2 BETA version and on boot now it appears a message that there is a 14.2 Release that I should use that one (and I agree). So I'd really like to update Kodi to a stable version without losing other configs. If you could help me it will be very much appretiated.

Thanks a lot.
No one able to tell me how to update? Is a new installation the only possible way?
I think in the console
apt-get update or apt-get upgrade
http://wiki.xbian.org/doku.php/update

Probably all you need to know about updating xbian - If you want the latest kodi (18 at time of writing) then you will need to allow 'devel'. But it is perhaps better to wait until it has been tested more and released as stable.
Is the 'devel' feature tested and released as stable at this point? Is it safe to allow it?
(30th Jun, 2018 09:05 PM)Haffner Wrote: [ -> ]Is the 'devel' feature tested and released as stable at this point? Is it safe to allow it?

devel is tested but far away from stable, that's why it is called devel
(7th May, 2015 01:49 PM)heeki Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there!

I was looking for how to update Kodi in google and in the forum but I couldn't find it. I am not sure if there is no way to update from an old version to a new one and you have to uninstall it and then install the new one.

I've had Kodi 14.2 BETA version and on boot now it appears a message that there is a 14.2 Release that I should use that one (and I agree). So I'd really like to update Kodi to a stable version without losing other configs. If you could help me it will be very much appretiated.

Thanks a lot.

hello,
I also have the same issue when my FastestVPN is not working on my device Kodi then I found the best guide on how to update Kodi and here you can find different methods of update do which think it easy. this really works for me and also I share with my friends and you are also considered to be... Don't thank to me Big Grin
Go to https://kodi.tv/
Click Download form the top right corner
Now scroll down and select the platform on which you are using or installing/updating Kodi
Click on Windows > Click on Pre-Release > Now scroll down and select your desired build i.e. Alpha 1 or Nightlies
Once you click on your desired build, a new window will open, having a list of releases. Choose the most recent release by clicking in it and the setup download will start
Once the download ends, install the Kodi version you have downloaded and enjoy using the updated Kodi Leia version
Reference URL's