Forum

Full Version: How to mount xbian partition on ubuntu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I'm new to xbian.

I want to edit the files in my SD card using my computer, whether on Windows 7 or Ubuntu 14.04.

However, when I insert the SD card, the Ubuntu cannot mount the Xbian partition, and gives the following error:

and when I type
Code:
dmesg | tail
, it gives the following:

Now what should I do to access the contents of xbian partition on SD card!?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

P.S. The reason I want to have access to the contents of my SD card using PC is that my xbian has frozen (black screen on boot) and I don't have backup of my files!!

P.P.S. Can I ssh into a frozen xbian using PuTTY? If yes, what is the default IP address!!!?
Hi everybody,

I recently installed Xbian on my RPi B+.

I wanted to have access to the contents of my SD card in my PC, using Ubuntu.
However, it fails to mount the xbian partition, and gives the following error:

I searched on the net, and realized that its file system type is BTRFS, and it has LZ4 compression.

Now the questions is this:

How can we have access to the contents of this SD card, using a PC/Laptop!?

(Note: For some reasons, I can neither use the xbian file manager, nor the SSH.)
Threads merged. Please do not create duplicate threads for same topic. Thanks
XBian uses a compressed version of BTRFS that can't be mounted in a standard linux distribution.
(15th Jun, 2015 02:42 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]XBian uses a compressed version of BTRFS that can't be mounted in a standard linux distribution.

What do you mean with 'standard linux distribution'? Does it requires some special packages - like btrfs-tools?

I also need to mount it. Because I changed some config files and now I can't connect to xbian using SSH.

Do you can provide some more information on this topic, please?

Edit:

OK, I found the solution:

1. install btrfs-tools
2. sudo mount -o compress=zlib /dev/mapper/sda7_crypt /mnt

Now you can access the files in /mnt/
(27th Jul, 2015 04:17 AM)psyLord Wrote: [ -> ]
(15th Jun, 2015 02:42 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]XBian uses a compressed version of BTRFS that can't be mounted in a standard linux distribution.

What do you mean with 'standard linux distribution'? Does it requires some special packages - like btrfs-tools?

I also need to mount it. Because I changed some config files and now I can't connect to xbian using SSH.

Do you can provide some more information on this topic, please?

Edit:

OK, I found the solution:

1. install btrfs-tools
2. sudo mount -o compress=zlib /dev/mapper/sda7_crypt /mnt

Now you can access the files in /mnt/

at first i had exactly the same issue.

i have a mmc-card with a btrfs-filesystem, ( of raspberry-pi B+ )
but this mmc-card btrs-filesystem doesn't work for me to mount on Ubuntu 15.10 ,
because there's only one file: /dev/mapper/control, no other /dev/mapper/* files there.

i do have the most recent btrfs-tools installed:
ii btrfs-tools 4.3-1 amd64 Checksumming Copy on Write Filesystem utilities
ii btrfs-tools-dbg 4.3-1 amd64 Checksumming Copy on Write Filesystem utilities (debug)
ii extlinux

after installing liblz4-tool on Ubuntu, and mount-command:
"mount -o compress=lz4 -t btrfs /dev/mmcblk0p3 /mnt/sdb3",

still this error remains:
"BTRFS: open_ctree failed"

how to solve?
Patch the kernel for lz4 btrfs compression is the only way.
Reference URL's