Forum

Full Version: Looking for a mobile app to accompany xbmc with fully visual gui
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really like xbmc. I would like to find a mobile remote app that is fully visual. i.e. one that does not require my TV to be on when I use the app. I have tried KODI and Yatse. While they are great apps, they do not have a gui that can be used without the TV being turned on. For example, I would like to be able to use the web app to change stations on pandora completely within the app. I have a whole house music system and don't want to walk back to the TV to make basic changes like this.

Does such an app exist?

Thanks
dont think such app exist
But for music I can highly recommend Pi MusicBox which is great for this needs.
I personally using it for a while and I have no probs what so ever. Usually I operate all from within my phone and sometimes when I work on my computer I do it from there.
All is happening from web GUI which is really simple but functional

Roberts 747 - DIY Raspberry Pi internet radio/streamer

I think you need to take another look at Yatse because that app does exactly what you're looking for. If you slide open the left pane, you can select Add-ons.

From there select the add-on you want to use, a lot of add-ons show a GUI on your remote. I only have a few add-ons on Xbian at the moment because this system is used for my parents (and Pandora isn't available in my country) but here's an example of the default YouTube add-on:

PlexBMC didn't load any menu's though, so you'll have to see if Pandora works yourself.

It's possible that this feature isn't available in the free version, but looking at the information on Yatse Google Play Store site, I think this should be part of the free app.

(I hope the screenshots get through, I'm new to this forum).
@MacPoedel,
I fixed the images for you Wink
Thanks for setting up the images. Oh and if it wasn't immediately obvious (because my screenshot is in Dutch, forgot to set it to English), you need to press the button shaped like a puzzle piece. I just tested Kore and the addon functionality in there is less complete, so you should go with Yatse. PlexBMC did load the menus after a while, so for me Yatse can show all addon menus locally.
Reference URL's