Forum

Full Version: most movies do not play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Raspberry pi2 after installing openelec, osmc, i finally used Xbian.
All my movies / music movies are on a Synology. I used NFS to connect.

Although the screen is more user friendly then openelec. most movies won't start. i have 60 mixed movies as mp4, Img, Vob but only 2 of the 60 movies plays. The screen went black for aboud 5 seconds and then i am back in the main screen.
What should be wrong?
Nope, i have installed the licences directly as Xbian have the possibility without terminal to insert the keys at the configuration.
I have changed the configuration at Video from Hardware acceleration to Software and now the movies are accessible, although if you try to connect with external programs (app) like Fusion stream, there are hickups. I like to connect xbian to Homeseer when it is working.
Are you saying you purchased the hardware decoding licenses from the raspi web site, installed the license on the Pi and are still doing software video decoding instead ?
Whats the output for:

Terminal
vcgencmd codec_enabled MPG2

and

Terminal
vcgencmd codec_enabled WVC1
(11th Aug, 2015 01:32 AM)deHakkelaar Wrote: [ -> ]Are you saying you purchased the hardware decoding licenses from the raspi web site, installed the license on the Pi and are still doing software video acceleration ?
yes

So there must be something wrong with the keys?

There is a possibility to test the codes with:

But on this moment i don't know how to login to the Xbian with terminal, i must find that out again.

I just got connect with terminal and i put in:

(the command i got from Raspi when i bought the licences and i'm sorry i saw your rules just a few minutes ago but both gives enabled).
Too bad yesterday (im now not at home) when most movies didn't play i saw somewhere on the config at Video the item software and hardware (how do i make a printscreen in xbian?) and when i changed this from hardware to software i could open much more movies.
(im sorry i am a electrician, not a programmer so configuring and programming is ABRACADABRA for me). So for me getting Xbian to work is more a lot of days then 5 minutes.
Reference URL's