Forum

Full Version: Airplay crashes when playing music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Software
XBian version: XBian 20150407-0
XBMC/Kodi version: (shipped with XBian)
Overclock settings: default

Hardware
Device type and model: Raspberry Pi Model B 512 MB
Power supply rating: 1A
SD card size and make/type: Sandisk 4 GB
Network (Ethernet or wireless): Ethernet
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, ...): Projector via HDMI and amp via analog audio

Log files
Last lines I get before crash occurs. I turned on the airplay and audio specific debug in the debugging menu, but it doesn't give any additional info. I'm not sure there's a way to get some more detailed log?
Code:
20:20:32 T:2815353872  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
20:20:32 T:2781799440  NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
15:57:55 T:2835858448  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 6 times.
15:57:55 T:2835858448  NOTICE: XBian : on saver deactivated
15:57:55 T:2835858448  NOTICE: XBian : on saver deactivated END
15:58:22 T:3024622608  NOTICE: CAESinkPi:AddPackets Underrun (delay:0.00 frames:2205)

Problem description:
I did a clean install of XBian, except for some minor settings (installed the youtube addon, set the network, turned some services on) it is brand new. Yet I am having a problem with the airplay function of Kodi. When activated, my iphone can see the airplay server and connect to it, but as soon as I push play Kodi crashes and restarts. It does the same if try it with itunes.

How to reproduce:
Everytime with my settings (basic XBian settings except network which is a fixed IP; ssh, smb and apache are on, and in Kodi I just set the theme to use a unicode font and installed the youtube addon but the problem was already present before).
Apple being an ass lately trying to brake airplay for all devices that dont have an Apple logo on it.
Last time I tried I was not able too.
Last time I remember airplay still working was I believe half a year ago.

Maybe someone else can confirm ?
Thanks for the answer, if it just doesn't work there's not much I can do... I'll install some other airplay software then, I wanted to use Kodi's one in order to keep things clean, but I guess it's not that big of a deal!
Reference URL's