Forum

Full Version: Network Streams stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Folks,

I've been trying for a couple of months now to solve a problem.

Network Streams (Twich.tv in particular) keep stuttering, regardless of resolution. No matter what I try, it just doesn't work. The thing is: All streams work fine, even in HD, on my local PC workstation.

On the Raspberry PI 2, they will stop every minute or two and sometimes it doesn't even recover. If it recovers, then the whole stream plays very rapidly (not at normal speed).

I have tried:
* Increasing/Decreasing cachemembuffersize
* Increasing/Decreasing readahead factors
* All possible combinations of settings (SW acc. /HW acc. with all modes).

Also, there's nothing in the logs really.

I have monitored CPU and RAM usage when the stuttering appears, but they're pretty low ALL the time. The PI is connected via LAN to an Archer C9 Router with plenty of bandwidth and with a HDMI cable to the TV.

I am really out of ideas by now. Please help.
Your power supply might be inadequate or poor cabling.
Have you tried another ( >= 2A recommended ) ?
Thank you, will try it tonight.

The thing I'd expect, though, if power is too low, is a crash of the system, which doesn't happen.

How can a lacking power supply produce such results? I mean, CPU and RAM were low all the time, without the need to scale up apparently.
I switched the power supply to 5V 2.4A and the stuttering continues. I've also tried overclocking, to no avail.

What else is there I can check?
If possible swap out each cable (psu and hdmi) and see what happens.

I also thought of PSU when I first saw this. Rpi is very dependent on a good quality psu.

Are there any other devices attached to the pi and if so how?
I have that problems since the update to Kodi (14.0 and upwards)... (XBMC as 13.x)... for me increasing the network buffer to mode 2 (all sources) and buffer speed to 2 also (see Kodi documentation) solved the problem on media with less than 8Mbit/s bitrate (video).
I have issue with pvr buffer how can I solve this?
Reference URL's