Forum

Full Version: A few configuration issues - new user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I'm very excited about getting xbian going on my RPi.

I've installed it on an 8gb SD card, and it booted first time no problem.

The issues I've had so far, are that the wifi wouldn't connect. I've since managed to use a cable and connect that way, and then configured the WLAN settings in the terminal session. There is still no connection showing in the xbain gui though, even though it is connected.

Secondly, I've changed the timezone in the terminal, but it still shows the default time in the gui.

Is there a known solution for these issues?

Many thanks,
Anthony
Did you change the timezone in XBMC as well?
I'd just found that. About 1000 mouse clicks later and I'd found Britain(UK), then the damn thing froze. All booted back up now and changed. Thanks for the info though!

Any idea about the wifi and network-manager issue?

Many thanks,
Anthony
The network manager issues are known to us, it will be replaced by a custom settings menu by ourselves.

What you can do is login to your RPi through SSH and login as the xbian user. Then a configuration screen will popup in which you can configure wifi. A howto can be found on our main page.
Yeah thats what I had to do in the end. Couldn't SSH until I had wired the RPi to the router as no IP was being given to WiFi.

Can connect and run it fine now, thanks for your help. On to the other aspects of it now, transmission etc :-)

Thanks
Ant
Alpha 5 will contain a settings menu inside xbmc in which you can control everything like you can in xbian-config
(22nd Jan, 2013 08:13 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Alpha 5 will contain a settings menu inside xbmc in which you can control everything like you can in xbian-config

shhhhhhh ..... Wink
Cool that will be good. I've just got the download package installed and am trying my first "Transmission" Angel
Reference URL's