Forum

Full Version: tv stays black
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Software
XBian version: latest ? (updated today via apt-get)
XBMC/Kodi version: 15.1
Overclock settings: no overclocking

Hardware
Device type and model (e.g. Raspberry Pi Model A/B 256/512 MB, CuBox-i i4Pro, ...): RPi 2
Power supply rating: 2A
SD card size and make/type: 32GB, changed nothing on install
Network (Ethernet or wireless): ethernet
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, ...):
  • TV via HDMI. Connection scheme: RPi -> HDMI-Audio Splitter -> HDMI Switch -> TV
  • Active USB Hub with 5 HDs (3x USB2 2x USB3). The hub itself is USB3 afaik.

Log files
Link to logfile(s): Do not have any. But I am trying to create one today.

Problem description:
All my devices are connected to a switchable electric socket. The devices are REALLY powerless. But the RPi is connected to a differenct socket which stays on. If I want to look TV I have to put on the socket and swtich the tv on. There was never a problem but since a few month, xbian stays black. I still hear the sounds the menu makes when clicking on my tablet (using yatse). I also can start movies. So kodi reacts on input. I can login via ssh aswell and any other services like apache works just fine.

My TV does get a signal because it is not telling me "no connection". I am running a black screensaver (still having an old plasma TV which can burn). Normally kodi just fades in the menu when clicking a button in yatse. But it does not if the TV was powerless. If I turn the tv off and on again (without switching of the socket), everything is visible. So it seems to be an issue with powering off. I had the problem with kodi 14.2 and still have it after upgrading to 15.1.

I am still trying to determine which device is the true problem. Could be the splitter as well or the hdmi switcher. But as I said, this problem exists only since a few month. There was never a problem before.

How to reproduce:
I just have to really switch off the tv (powerless not standby, what the most devices do) and switch it on again. But I am still trying if I have to wait some time between switching off and on. Cannot do it right now.
I added the logs as attachment. Pastebin does not allow me to upload it because it exceeds the 500kb limit.

I also found some video flags. I noticed a lot of cec messages in the log and tried to disable cec and overscan via xbian-config in the console. But it only let me disable overscan. In the same list: What are
  • force hdmi output when no tv is identified
  • ignore hdmi output even if a tv is connected
for? The first one sounds interesting. I also deactivated "ignore cec init preventing wakup ov tv at reboot".
Reference URL's