Forum

Full Version: Issue with Official Raspberry Pi Wifi Dongle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I am fairly new to the Raspberry Pi scene and bought one just 2 weeks ago and installed Xbian in order to set it up as a media center. However, up until now I had been using the Pi connected via ethernet but wanted to switch to Wifi in order to avoid having ethernet cables all the way from the bedroom to the living room :/ The thing is... I bought the official Raspberry Pi wifi dongle thinking it would be the "safest option", however... I can't seem to make it show up on my network interfaces on Settings->Xian->System. Only eth0 shows up. I have also tried to do a ssh config by editing the "/etc/network/interfaces" file... however... still can't use wi-fi to connect. Do you guys have any suggestions? As I said... I am fairly new to the scene so a helpful hand would be very appreciated! Wink

The link to the dongle is this one: https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/usb-wifi-dongle/
I would attempt to set it up from xbian-config - either through Kodi or SSH.
Reference URL's