Forum

Full Version: FTP Client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

This is possible to stream media from my FTP server with Xbian installed on a Raspberry Pi 2?

Thanks,

Guillaume
Connect to your FTP server as a source in Kodi
(18th Sep, 2015 10:36 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Connect to your FTP server as a source in Kodi

You mean Xbian work exactly like Kodi?
Do you have a separate FTP server that you want to connect to and play files on XBian?
(18th Sep, 2015 04:56 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a separate FTP server that you want to connect to and play files on XBian?

Yes correct, I have a FTP server runing on a FreeNAS machine in a rack.
Then you only need to add your FTP server as a source in Kodi.
(19th Sep, 2015 04:46 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Then you only need to add your FTP server as a source in Kodi.

Great! I already do this with Kodi on my Linux computers, I thought it was different for Xbian.

Also, how about Google Drive plugin, its the same thing on Xbian? Will Xbian support plugins like Kodi does?
Sure, most all Kodi plugins will work done.
(20th Sep, 2015 01:41 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, most all Kodi plugins will work done.

Also, can I use a mouse and a key board attached to the Raspberry Pi 2 for control Xbian?
Yep, keyboard and mouse work fine.
(20th Sep, 2015 06:05 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, keyboard and mouse work fine.

Thanks! Have a great day!
(20th Sep, 2015 06:05 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, keyboard and mouse work fine.

Ah I forgot to ask, how I can add a plugin to Xbian, the Google Drive plugin by example came in a .zip file, how I can download the file with Xbian without a web broswer. There was a command I need to use?
Find the URL for the zip file and ssh into XBian then use wget

Code:
wget http://someplace.com/somefile.zip
Reference URL's