Forum

Full Version: 1 particular USB stick always mounts as ro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 1 USB stick that mounts as read only all the time (/dev/sda). When I put in another USB stick (dev/sdb1), it shows up as rw without a problem.

What is strange, is that the '-ro stick' used to work -rw before
Terminal
/dev/sda on /media/1DFA-3860 type vfat (ro,nodev,noexec,noatime,sync,uid=1000,gid=100000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=437,​iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
systemd on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,release
r/agents/cgm-release-agent.systemd,name=systemd)
tmpfs on /run/user/1000 type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=75364k,mode=700,uid=
/dev/sdb1 on /media/PENDRIVE type vfat (rw,nodev,noexec,noatime,sync,uid=1000,gid=1000
00,allow_utime=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
What can I do to make this USB stick at /dev/sda -rw again
I've had something similar. The only solution that I found that worked was to format the USB stick again. I also used ext4 not NTFS.

Also check that /etc/fstab doesn't have any entries for that USB stick and the properties on /media/xxxxx are owned by xbian and not root.

I would also expect it to mount as sda1 not sda.
Reference URL's