Forum

Full Version: Unable to connect to server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!
Anybody have any idea? I live in England and have just changed my Internet provider from Sky to BT Infinity Broadband yesterday but unfortunately BT HUB seems to be blocking MY XBMC box from reaching the server. XBMC box is connected to the internet but none of the application is able to connect to server. ANY IDEA PEOPLE HOW TO GO ABOUT THIS? I have been using this Box for over a year with Sky internet and have never had any issue with it even up to Sunday night before changing over to BT.
Even the KORDI App on my smart phone is also blocked by this BT HUB. BT engineers does not have a glue on this or maybe pretending not to know.
HELP PLEASE.
XBMC box is actually the reason why i changed to a faster internet.

Regards

Jibscom
Just in case anyone stumbles across this issue, the BT infinity has a Smart Setup that intercepts new devices and asks them to connect/configure - basically it stops anything that does not have a web interface that the box assumes the devices use.

The solution is to disable this 'feature'
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5
Reference URL's