Forum

Full Version: Here is my thoughts comming from Raspbian Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My list of improvements that could be done
1) Remove the "Thanks Dad" from ssh login...
Code:
We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:

#1) Respect the privacy of others.
    #2) Think before you type.
    #3) With great power comes great responsibility.

2) Seems like it takes Xbian a lot longer to boot then Raspbian, Why? see #3
3) Do not have a flurry of updates on first run, in fact just leave them off, and let the user enable it later. Rasberry Pi doesn’t have enough resources available. No need to hog all the cpu doing what ever on the network for 10 minutes, just so I can enable SSH.
4) Secure Shell (SSH) should be enabled on first run for those with headless servers, or are trying to troubleshoot their pi.
(2nd Dec, 2015 02:02 PM)snarf1 Wrote: [ -> ]My list of improvements that could be done
Code:

Default debian behavior not related to XBian specific.

Quote:2) Seems like it takes Xbian a lot longer to boot then Raspbian, Why? see #3
Don't know.
Quote:3) Do not have a flurry of updates on first run, in fact just leave them off, and let the user enable it later. Rasberry Pi doesn’t have enough resources available. No need to hog all the cpu doing what ever on the network for 10 minutes, just so I can enable SSH.
Don't know if that happens. Could be.
Quote:4) Secure Shell (SSH) should be enabled on first run for those with headless servers, or are trying to troubleshoot their pi.
I'm pretty sure this should be, if it's got than it's a bug.
(2nd Dec, 2015 02:02 PM)snarf1 Wrote: [ -> ]My list of improvements that could be done
Code:

2) Seems like it takes Xbian a lot longer to boot then Raspbian, Why? see #3
3) Do not have a flurry of updates on first run, in fact just leave them off, and let the user enable it later. Rasberry Pi doesn’t have enough resources available. No need to hog all the cpu doing what ever on the network for 10 minutes, just so I can enable SSH.
4) Secure Shell (SSH) should be enabled on first run for those with headless servers, or are trying to troubleshoot their pi.
3) no need to wait, works straight in 1st second after boot. If not than it would be related to your slow SD card
4)SSH is enabled by default straight after 1st boot
Reference URL's