Forum

Full Version: How to set up VNC connection?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(13th Jun, 2016 04:57 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Mouse AND keyboard works

Not for me, unfortunately. Does it only work if physical keyboard and mouse are connected to the pi?
(14th Jun, 2016 12:22 AM)daharn Wrote: [ -> ]
(13th Jun, 2016 04:57 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Mouse AND keyboard works

Not for me, unfortunately. Does it only work if physical keyboard and mouse are connected to the pi?

Do not have any mouse/keyboard connected to RPi

(tested with vncviewer from package tightvnc and krdc, both are working)
Alright my newest research results:

Mouse support over VNC DOES work, but only if I had a mouse connected to my pi since the last reboot (assuming it is the same for keyboard but I currently have no PS/2 to USB port to test this).

Can this somehow be improved?

As a side note, when setting the vnc-server service to autostart by xbian-config, VNC connections will only result in a black screen. Only when autostart is disabled and vnc-server is started manually, graphical output is shown. I kind of remember having already read about this, but this appears as a bug to me.
I can confirm daharn,
it only works if I disabled vnc-autostart and start the service mauel (the colors does not agree, but this is secondary).
With autostart I get only a black screen (mouse and keyboard inputs works).
I suppose vnc service is started too early
I have too a black screen but mouse and keyboard works
(9th Feb, 2017 05:40 PM)Ale4ko Wrote: [ -> ]I have too a black screen but mouse and keyboard works

I still do not know what the reason is for that behavior Sad

But I'm currently investigating vnc-server Smile, maybe I can fix this issue and the wrong color issue as well

Btw, dispmanx_vnc server does not have color issue, but shows exactly same black screen if started before Kodi and you have to reboot Pi to make it work again Huh Sounds like a bug in used vc library, because display snapshot does not work either Angry
This can be start manually from the command line rpi-vncserver
If you want to use VNC I would suggest connecting to it over a tunneling SSH connection.
Hi all,

I've got exactly same issue, black screen but able to see mouse cursor. Any ideas?

Thanks,
@emel445

(2nd May, 2017 04:17 AM)emel445 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got exactly same issue, black screen but able to see mouse cursor. Any ideas?

The mouse cursor you see is your local mouse cursor.

Reboot Pi and start vnc-server after Kodi is up, this should help. BTW, a fixed version is available in staging repo, but the dispmanx issue described in my previous post still exists
Ok, when I'm starting vnc-server after Kodi is up, I'm able to see Kodi via VNC for less than a sec and VNC reconnecting to the srerver. After few seconds of reconnect I'm able again to the Kodi screen for less than second. This is happen constantly.
There is no stable transfer between Xbian VNC server and VNC client. Shall I do anything with memory split?
(2nd May, 2017 10:28 PM)emel445 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, when I'm starting vnc-server after Kodi is up, I'm able to see Kodi via VNC for less than a sec and VNC reconnecting to the srerver. After few seconds of reconnect I'm able again to the Kodi screen for less than second. This is happen constantly.
There is no stable transfer between Xbian VNC server and VNC client. Shall I do anything with memory split?

No, don't think so

That's weird, sounds more like a network issue. My connection is stable for hours. Which version of vnc-server do you have installed?

Terminal

root@kmxbilr ~ # dpkg-query -s xbian-package-vnc-server | grep Version
Version: 2.2.4-1489940133

And make sure that AUTOMODE is NOT set to 1 in file /etc/default/vnc-autores

Terminal

root@kmxbilr ~ # cat /etc/default/vnc-autores
### /etc/default/vnc-autores
# Configuration file for /usr/bin/local/vnc-autores
###

# Enable auto mode? ('vnc-autores auto' will be called when starting/stopping vnc-server)
# 0: no
# 1: yes
AUTOMODE=0

# GROUP and MODE for VNC use
# Get all supported modes by calling: tvservice -m DMT && tvservice -m CEA
VNCGROUP=DMT
VNCMODE=2

# DON'T EDIT ANYTHING BELOW HERE!
# (reserved for temporary vars)
TVGROUP=
TVMODE=

Which client are you using. I have best experience with RealVNC client:

This is version of my vnc-server version
xbian@xbian ~ $ dpkg-query -s xbian-package-vnc-server | grep Version

Version: 2.0.0fix ------Running different version to yours.

The /etc/default/vnc-autores folder looks exactly the same as your.
Also, I'm using RealVNC Client same you are.

Anyway, the issue more likely located, I've got the older version of vnc-server. Interesting, this morning I installed the latest XBian version from the website.

As per your comments dated on 08/11 ;-) I uninstalled and reinstalled xbian-package-vnc-server
[term]sudo apt-get purge xbian-package-vnc-server; sudo apt-get install xbian-package-vnc-server
but .... it installed fix 2.0
[term]Preparing to unpack .../xbian-package-vnc-server_2.0.0fix_armhf.deb ...[term]

Have you got any direct path to your installed version: 2.2.4-1489940133 ?
@emel445

The newer version is in our staging repo (images are not built with this repo enabled), to get it you just have to enable Staging Repo in Kodi's xbian-config GUI

Btw, being currently on new version with a workaround for the dispmanx bug. Looks good so far Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's