Forum

Full Version: Streamzap remote revisited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had originally created this post:

http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1245.html?highlight=streamzap

I was never really able to get my streamzap remote to work correctly w/ xbian. Even tweaking lirc config I could not use the virtual onscreen remote, or nor could I assign commands (ie shutdown, reboot) to specific buttons.

I decided to move to OSMC. With OSMC, everything works out of the box with the streamzap remote. All buttons, onscreen virtual keyboard control, and tweaking remote.xml I can assign system commands to keys.

That being said, I decided to give the latest xbian revision a try again, however I am running into the same problems as before. I tried copying the streamzap kernel from osmc to xbian, and that just rendered my remote useless, so using a different kernel doesn't correct the issue. Both OSMC and Xbian use the same distro I believe (Jessie), so I am perplexed why the remote works fine in one distro, and not in the other.

For those that might ask, why not use a smartphone app, it's just easier for my kid to use a remote then an app.

I really like Xbian, it manages memory usage differently then OSMC, and just is smoother. If I could resolve this one issue I would switch back full time to Xbian.
I have no answer to your question as I have never used IR remote with Kodi so never really looked into it properly.
But would like to ask,are you not connected to TV over HDMI? If you are why you are not using TVs remote to operate? Is your TV CEC compatible?
I would suggest opening an issue on github, developers can help you there.
Reference URL's