Forum

Full Version: The amount of spam on this forum :((
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Subject says it all, I think!

There are a lot of spamtopics on this forum.
Actually, I've never encountered a forum with this many spam topics.

Can't we/you install a spam-blocking script or something on this forum?
Part of being a mod is handling the spammers unfortunately.

These aren't bots from my experience so a script wouldn't help.
so much spam? you are probably not using or seen many forums m8. there are some where spam threads/messages appears every minute.
Here you have few in months. Actually you have done clear up on two, in whole...
Activity on this forum = dead quiet
Its seems as a new member I don not have privileges to open a thread Sad
Also yes when coming to the =http://forum.xbian.org/ I get a lot of spam pop ups hitting me
(27th Nov, 2016 09:55 AM)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]Its seems as a new member I don not have privileges to open a thread Sad
Also yes when coming to the =http://forum.xbian.org/ I get a lot of spam pop ups hitting me
true,you do not have privilege to open new threads as a new member. You need to make at least 5 replies to unlock full account.
This is one of the ways how to stop spamming appears on site.

Regarding those pop-up we are working on it,but those are just ads.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
(27th Nov, 2016 05:16 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27th Nov, 2016 09:55 AM)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]Its seems as a new member I don not have privileges to open a thread Sad
true,you do not have privilege to open new threads as a new member. You need to make at least 5 replies to unlock full account.

I know ads help pay for the site....But last week when coming here the ads would take over the browser demanding to scan fix my PC !! That's not a normal ad
(29th Nov, 2016 06:55 AM)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]

I know ads help pay for the site....But last week when coming here the ads would take over the browser demanding to scan fix my PC !! That's not a normal ad

yes, there was this problem and it was reported by multiple users. This was taken care of

Could we please have some soft of introductions thread or something for new users to post to before they are allowed to post? I don't have anything useful to contribute to any existing thread, but I need to ask a support question, and I can't. Or what about throttling the rate of creating new threads to one a day instead of outright blocking thread creation for new accounts?
(6th Jul, 2018 06:32 PM)aidalgol Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have anything useful to contribute to any existing thread, but I need to ask a support question, and I can't. Or what about throttling the rate of creating new threads to one a day instead of outright blocking thread creation for new accounts?

You can't create a new thread is what you mean?
(8th Jul, 2018 11:28 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
(6th Jul, 2018 06:32 PM)aidalgol Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have anything useful to contribute to any existing thread, but I need to ask a support question, and I can't. Or what about throttling the rate of creating new threads to one a day instead of outright blocking thread creation for new accounts?

You can't create a new thread is what you mean?

FYI: new registered user are not allowed to create new threads
I couldn't understand, I get it now. They should be able to start a new thread in one forum, an "Introduction" thread. Two posts there and then creation possible.

My 2¢
(10th Jul, 2018 03:45 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't understand, I get it now. They should be able to start a new thread in one forum, an "Introduction" thread. Two posts there and then creation possible.

My 2¢

Yeah, something like that is what I was suggesting.
(27th Nov, 2016 09:55 AM)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]true,you do not have privilege to open new threads as a new member. You need to make at least 5 replies to unlock full account.

Any recommendations on how to do that? As a brand new user with installation problems, I've never even seen Xbian, much less have anything of value to post to an existing thread, but I'm expected to make multiple (my blurb says "more than 2") posts to the forums before I can ask how to install the software?

(6th Jul, 2018 06:32 PM)aidalgol Wrote: [ -> ]

Could we please have some soft of introductions thread or something for new users to post to before they are allowed to post? I don't have anything useful to contribute to any existing thread, but I need to ask a support question, and I can't. Or what about throttling the rate of creating new threads to one a day instead of outright blocking thread creation for new accounts?

This is my problem too. I need to make three posts having never even seen Xbian before I can ask a support question? When I've seen this requirement in the past, the boards have had introduction threads that newbies could post to in order to satisfy the minimum post requirements.
(13th Sep, 2020 04:37 AM)cmayo Wrote: [ -> ]This is my problem too. I need to make three posts having never even seen Xbian before I can ask a support question? When I've seen this requirement in the past, the boards have had introduction threads that newbies could post to in order to satisfy the minimum post requirements.

kodi questions could be researched on the kodi forum and xbian specific ones can be researched here and you're probably going to find the answers you need between the 2, and replies to existing threads/topics will get you where you're going.
Reference URL's