Forum

Full Version: XBian 2016.01.16 won't boot on RPi 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Software
XBian version: 2016.01.16
XBMC/Kodi version: N/A
Overclock settings: default

Hardware
Device type and model (e.g. Raspberry Pi Model A/B 256/512 MB, CuBox-i i4Pro, ...): RPi 2
Power supply rating: 5V 2A
SD card size and make/type: A-Data 32GB UHS-I
Network (Ethernet or wireless): eth
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, ...): 27" LCD via HDMI

Log files
Link to logfile(s):

Problem description:
Raspberry Pi 2 won't boot with this image. At first boot, it resized the partition, and then it froze on "Loading..." screen. Left it for more than 10 minutes, no change. Eth is not up, so I can't SSH to it.

How to reproduce:
Format SD card (just to be sure), install XBian_2016.01.16_rpi2.img.gz using XBian installer (also tried Win32DiskImager), put the card in RPi 2, plug the microusb cable, watch it to resize the FS, and then got stuck on Loading screen.
I updated yesterday and it still works. Do you have exotic hardware connected? Is your sd card alright?
(17th Jan, 2016 02:35 AM)InToSSH Wrote: [ -> ]Software
XBian version: 2016.01.16
XBMC/Kodi version: N/A
Overclock settings: default

Hardware
Device type and model (e.g. Raspberry Pi Model A/B 256/512 MB, CuBox-i i4Pro, ...): RPi 2
Power supply rating: 5V 2A
SD card size and make/type: A-Data 32GB UHS-I
Network (Ethernet or wireless): eth
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, ...): 27" LCD via HDMI

Log files
Link to logfile(s):

Problem description:
Raspberry Pi 2 won't boot with this image. At first boot, it resized the partition, and then it froze on "Loading..." screen. Left it for more than 10 minutes, no change. Eth is not up, so I can't SSH to it.

How to reproduce:
Format SD card (just to be sure), install XBian_2016.01.16_rpi2.img.gz using XBian installer (also tried Win32DiskImager), put the card in RPi 2, plug the microusb cable, watch it to resize the FS, and then got stuck on Loading screen.

I have exactly the same problem. I wanted to try xbian for the first time, downloaded the installer used a sd card that was working properly before and it just freezes on first boot.
Right now I'm downloading the 2016.01.10 release and try it then again.

EDIT: 2016.01.10 works!
Same thing here, stuck at "Loading" after install on RPI2. This was my first Xbian install.

After trying with 2016.01.10, everything worked, even the update to 2016.01.16.
I too Tried Several Times on 3 different machines to download the newest Xbian for the PI2 and always gets stuck at loading. I have used xbian since I got my raspberry pi 2 and love it but this one will just not work .
I can confirm this, too. I also tried flashing the image to the sd card manually using dd, same issue.
There is definitely something wrong with the 2016.01.16 image.
Same problem. Before I tried the second time I removed keyboard, mouse and USB stick but again stuck at loading
Reference URL's