Forum

Full Version: launch command line FROM kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, absolutly not sure its the right place, but dont know where to ask...

i have set a command that start download from FTP with a wget command. I can launch it from putty. work perfect, but if i stop my pc, the download stop too.

is there a way to launch a command line from xbian/kodi so i can let it download without my computer on ?

just for info, here is what my command line do :

vi FTP :
cd /mnt/array1/Data/Temp/
wget -c -r -l 0 ftp://user:password@FTPserver/folder/*
chmod -R 777 /mnt/array1/Data/Temp/

Thx a lot !!
Do you still need kodi running whilst downloading? If not then just stop (exit) kodi and you will be at the command propmpt and start agian afterwards. IF you need to do this regularly then a cron job should do it. You might also look at a bash script to do the download and then auto restart kodi when it is finished. Final suggestion is to add superrepo to the kodi addons and see if there is something in there that might be useful.

Hope this gives you some ideas to look into to solve your problem!
From ssh (Putty) just do <Command Script> & and the program will continue to run in the background, even if you power off your PC.

Or you can try the addon Advanced Launcher but it might be broken Advanced Launcher
just try to type "FTP&" and it seems to work ! happy Smile

i will have a look at Advanced Launcher too, , seems cool Tongue

Thx a lot !
Reference URL's