Forum

Full Version: I messed something up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Somewhere along the way, I seem to have enabled something, and I can't figure out what or where. Every time I boot, I get a menu box (or whatever it's called), first for VIDEO, then MUSIC.. each with a choice to browse. These aren't the Video and Music directories in Kodi, they're the 2 partitions in my external WD Passport drive. How the heck do I disable this message?
Hmmm, never seen this Huh

If I plug an external disk to my RPi2, I get a message box similar to "external device attached" for a few seconds. And that's it.

Do you have checked in Kodi: System settings->Video settings->Library->Update library on startup ?
(10th Mar, 2016 04:29 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm, never seen this Huh

If I plug an external disk to my RPi2, I get a message box similar to "external device attached" for a few seconds. And that's it.

Do you have checked in Kodi: System settings->Video settings->Library->Update library on startup ?

Nope. Just Show plot for unwatched items, and Download actor thumbnails. Blah. Tongue
Very strange. What happens if you boot without the HDD attached and then plug the HDD in?

Also, check to see if dbus is running.
What addons have you enabled?

...and more difficult, what where you doing "installing/changing/updating" prior to this "Pop-up" appearing.
never seen anything like this so I presume it would be related to one of your addons you have installed in your system
@rikardo1979

Seemy you're right. I grepped Kodi sources for "STORAGE" but couldn't find this string
(13th Mar, 2016 01:03 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]@rikardo1979

Seemy you're right. I grepped Kodi sources for "STORAGE" but couldn't find this string

The drive's a 1TB WD Passport, divided into 2 partitions.. VIDEO, for capturing from my Hauppauge 950Q ATSC feeds.. ie: live locals in hd ota, *ts file format, as well as the pvr buffer partition, and the 2 partition is MUSIC.. 150+ albums in uncompressed wave format, with accompanying *.cue sheets.. the only way you can add wave files to Kodi's music library. The drive was originally used in an OpenELEC setup.. with OpenELEC being installed directly to the external drive. When switching to XBian, all I did was format the first partition, leaving my music partition untouched. I guess the storage partition didn't get formatted. I shall reformat my entire drive then try again. I had an issue in OpenELEC with the new Jarvis as well.. I couldn't get rid of the "most recent music and video" addons message and display on the home screen, even after disabling in system settings. It would re-enable after a reboot. Very strange.

(12th Mar, 2016 01:04 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Very strange. What happens if you boot without the HDD attached and then plug the HDD in?

Also, check to see if dbus is running.
What addons have you enabled?

...and more difficult, what where you doing "installing/changing/updating" prior to this "Pop-up" appearing.

I haven't tried hotplugging it yet. The only addons, were TuneIn Radio app, Phoenix, Community Portal, Maintenance Wizard, Java for Pi2, and an adult addon UltimateWhiteCream.. lol. Oh.. and tvheadend server and pvr. Neither has ever given issues before. What was I fiddling with before this? Nothing.. just trying to install my wifi dongle's driver module.. Nachteule helped me along the way. Mind you, I didn't have the drive connected until after getting the module installed.. I was building in steps, adding the drive's the last step.. to save my music from any unforeseen human interface errors. Tongue
Yep... turns out STORAGE was a 50gb ext4 partition, and I guess Winblows didn't see it when I formatted the VIDEO partition. I right-clicked the drive and selected format, instead of doing it with gparted in ubuntu. I was in winblows at the time doing something else, and figured I'd save myself a reboot into linux. Blah.

STORAGE is the writable partition of an OpenELEC install. The root partition is locked right down.

I haven't tried the drive yet.. I deleted the ext4, then resized the video's ntfs partition. I'm in the middle of a kodi build at the moment, so my pi's tied up until later. I'll try it tomorrow.
Reference URL's