Forum

Full Version: Weather addon that works?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After last years wunderground api issue I changed to yahoo weather instead as it worked. Now yahoo has changed and no longer works.

I do have wunderground still installed, but where do I put the api key?

I have seen tutorial on the net for windows, but not for xbian.

Anyone know?

(I tried looking at the /home/.kodi/addons/wunderground folder and did find wunderground.py, but nowhere can I see a line that looks remotely like WAIK='')

Anyone have this working and would like to share how to do it?Smile
I too used Yahoo but didn't realise it no longer works. I use openweathermap and Wunderground on different machines. If I remember correctly the API key is put in the settings part. Same screen as the Locations
HI Iridium,

I just came back to delete the post as I found what I needed! - As you say it is under settings (doh!), but in my defence all the tutorials say to paste it into wundergournd.py on the net (but that is for windows).

Yes Yahoo changed their api last week to increase 'security'.

Still, at least I have wunderground working again. It's better than nothing at all!

I'll leave this up now for reference as others may be looking for the same thing.

Happy Easter Smile
Happy Easter too Shy

I'm also using Wunderground (about 2 year old version, not the current one - had to put my private API key directly into Python code) and OpenWeatherMap extended on different machines. Both are working fine.

But all of them did not make our weather better Sad
(27th Mar, 2016 01:30 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]But all of them did not make our weather better Sad
You need the Spanish version then Tongue
does the Open Weather Map not working for you? It does work here
Or Met Office but this is only for UK i believe
Gismeteo addon
Met Office
Open Weather Map Extended
Oz Weather
Weather China
Weatherbit IO
Yahoo! Weather addon
Reference URL's