Forum

Full Version: Keyboard volume up working, volume down not
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Software
XBian version: 1.0 (knockout) (kernel: Linux 4.4.6+)
XBMC/Kodi version: 16.0 Git:2016-03-11-a3eb4fa
Overclock settings: I didn't overclock it

Hardware
Device type and model: Raspberry Pi 3
Power supply rating: 1,8 Amp
SD card size and make/type: 16 GB
Network (Ethernet or wireless): Ethernet
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, ...): Keyboard-> Microsoft Wireless Entertainment keyboard 700

Problem description:
Volume controls work fine in other raspberry pi systems. In XBIAN it works just "UP Volume".
Funny?

Strange, could reproduce it with my Logitech MK250

Don't know where the culprit is, but you can solve this by providing your own keymap.

Please store this into /home/xbian/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- This file contains the mapping of keyboard keys to actions within Kodi.              -->
<!--                                                                                      -->
<!-- The format is:                                                                       -->
<!--  <window>                                                                            -->
<!--    <device>                                                                          -->
<!--      <button>action</button>                                                         -->
<!--    </device>                                                                         -->
<!--  </window>                                                                           -->
<!--                                                                                      -->
<!-- The <global> section is a fall through - they will only be used if the button is     -->
<!-- not used in the current window's section.                                            -->
<!-- Actions can be built-in functions.                                                   -->
<!--  eg <B>ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</B>                                                   -->
<!-- would automatically go to Music on the press of the B button.                        -->
<!--  Long presses                                                                        -->
<!--   A limitation is that if a single press is mapped in a section, a global "longpress"-->
<!--   will be ignored. The workaround is to duplicate the long mapping in the section.   -->
<!-- An empty action removes the corresponding mapping from default and parent keymaps.   -->
<!-- This is different from a "noop" action, which disables a button.                     -->
<!-- More documentation on keymaps can be found on http://kodi.wiki/view/keymaps          -->
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <f14>VolumeDown</f14>                 <!-- Vol down -->
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

and restart Kodi
It works perfect.

Thank you
Shouldn't this be implemented in the new versions of xBian?

I think it is a bug of Kodi itself. Same happens on RaspBian (although not in other distros).
(17th Apr, 2016 07:44 PM)Peiote Wrote: [ -> ]I think it is a bug of Kodi itself. Same happens on RaspBian (although not in other distros).

Agree, will have a look if I can find a solution Smile
(17th Apr, 2016 11:02 PM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(17th Apr, 2016 07:44 PM)Peiote Wrote: [ -> ]I think it is a bug of Kodi itself. Same happens on RaspBian (although not in other distros).

Agree, will have a look if I can find a solution Smile

Just in case it was an easy solution, but was forgot ;p
I've tried recently the keyboard again, surprisingly still not working. Is it more difficult than supposed? In this case, no problem, I'll keep using Function keys.

Best regards.
Reference URL's