Forum

Full Version: Cifs automount with FStab problem....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!

Me again Rolleyes

I am having an issue with mounts that seems to originate from the fstab file.

Can you please take a look at this and tell me if there is any obvious error or conflict that might be causing the problem? I can make it work with only 1 mount at a time, but with both I get problems?

Is it that both servers have /media to mount and it is causing a problem? Something else?

Terminal

# UNCONFIGURED FSTAB FOR BASE SYSTEM
none /run/user tmpfs noauto 0 0
none /run/shm tmpfs noauto 0 0
none /run/lock tmpfs noauto 0 0
//192.168.1.222/media /mnt/325/ cifs username=cinema2,password=1234,uid=xbian 0 0
//192.168.1.245/media /mnt/540/ cifs username=cinema2,password=1234,uid=xbian 0 0
/dev/root /home xbian subvol=home/@,noatime,nobootwait,rw 0 0
/dev/root /lib/modules xbian subvol=modules/@,noatime,nobootwait,rw 0 0
/dev/root / xbian noatime,nobootwait,rw 0 0
/dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot xbian noatime,rw,private 0 1
Don't know, maybe a timeout problem Huh

Maybe more information could be find in /var/log/upstart/upstart-ev.log

I never use such 'static' mounts in fstab because all mounts are done by autofs
The mounts work OK, it is a problem with using them. I have this tracked down now to libav/avconv.

I don't know why, but things that work with avconv using raspbian always fail under xbian. Tested repeatedly today with consistent results. I'll keep thinking about it and trying ways to mitigate the problem.

I live, therefore I learn!

Here is what is happening.

If I try to convert a file with a .ts or .flv using 'avconv' from a raspbian pi2, it works on both NAS server mounts without a problem.
If I do the exact same commands on a xbian pi, it works with one server, but the other always bombs out after a short time. I have investigated and avconv complains about a time stamp issue. Still looking into it. But it's odd (and very very annoying) that it is such a strange issue.

The command is ..... for f in /mnt/server/*.ts; do avconv -i "$f" -codec copy "${f%.ts}".mkv; done ....but happens with a simple manual command for a single file just the same.

Anyone else notice this?

OK Some progress now. Now 4 out of 5 pi will work as expected. I still can't say for sure what the issue is, but will keep on trying!>.......
Reference URL's