Forum

Full Version: Kodi restarts spontaneously on Picture Browsing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an issue where kodi restarts whenever I try to browse Pictures. Have never been able to browse any image.

Is there any way to fix this problem.

When i looked into logs for this issue i found following line:

Code:
12:19:49 703.596375 T:1794421680   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::WaitForInputDone OMX.broadcom.image_decode wait event timeout

it happens every time i try to view images. Any idea what is it and how to solve it ??

any help is really appreciated Confused
I have had similar restarts after video stops playing too.

It only takes a few seconds to restart and so then it is not a big issue, but if it is happening all the time browsing pictures then it is a much bigger problem.

But I don't know how to fix it but I bet someone else might have a clue!
Just tried on a RPi2 and it works as intended.

Where are the files located and what type are they? Maybe you could send a link to one of the offending pictures, so we can test it.
Where are the picutres stored? On the SD card or a usb drive/network share?

If they are on a usb drive and it gets its power from the pi usb port it could be that the pi power supply isn't strong enough to cope.

What is your set up and what power supply are you using?
(9th Apr, 2016 10:27 PM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]Where are the picutres stored? On the SD card or a usb drive/network share?

If they are on a usb drive and it gets its power from the pi usb port it could be that the pi power supply isn't strong enough to cope.

What is your set up and what power supply are you using?

The images are stored in HDD connected via USB. It has separate 5 amps power supply.

Images are 4000x3000.

Normal image size is 3 MB.

How can i add images as attachments ?
(3rd Dec, 2017 06:40 PM)onlyindian Wrote: [ -> ]The images are stored in HDD connected via USB. It has separate 5 amps power supply.

Images are 4000x3000.

Normal image size is 3 MB.

How can i add images as attachments ?

Attachments from what?
user replying after a 1 year and 7 months?! Dodgy
(4th Dec, 2017 10:51 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]user replying after a 1 year and 7 months?! Dodgy

Why not Tongue
(5th Dec, 2017 02:59 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(4th Dec, 2017 10:51 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]user replying after a 1 year and 7 months?! Dodgy

Why not Tongue

maybe just cos there were so many system updates since? Tongue So the troubleshooting may require a different approach?
Wink
Reference URL's