Forum

Full Version: Xbian latest_rpi3 image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I used the Xbian installer to install the latest image, and it booted into NOOBS.

The image is only 37MB whereas others are around 350MB.

If this is intended, then there is a problem as Xbian won't install onto a 4G card. Reports it needs 4161MB whereas OSMC requires 1580MB and Openelec only needs 1024MB.

The RPI3 image downloaded from the download page is the same - 35MB.

Surely this is an error?
I can confirm, the size of img is only 35,717,120 bytes
Ok, good - it's not me.

Is this the experimental image devised to get Xbian and NOOBS working together? If so, I don't think it should become the default, as having to install on a 8G card is a bit excessive.
(11th Apr, 2016 11:38 PM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, good - it's not me.

Is this the experimental image devised to get Xbian and NOOBS working together? If so, I don't think it should become the default, as having to install on a 8G card is a bit excessive.

I have no idea as I do not own RPi3 SmileBlush
It does the same on a RPI2
Per definition partition size for XBian is 4.0GB. So it requires 8GB card
Installing XBian plus some more OS's does not make sense with smaller sd-cards

You can reduce siize by editing file os/XBian_RPi[3]/partitions.json on RECOVERY partition
(11th Apr, 2016 11:09 PM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]The image is only 37MB whereas others are around 350MB.

Surely this is an error?
No, see previous post

ALL installable OS are downloaded from internet
(12th Apr, 2016 12:24 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(11th Apr, 2016 11:09 PM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]The image is only 37MB whereas others are around 350MB.

Surely this is an error?
No, see previous post

ALL installable OS are downloaded from internet
sure but a bit confusing as all other images are over 300Mb and now this is 30Mb Big Grin so it was suspicious
(12th Apr, 2016 12:26 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]sure but a bit confusing as all other images are over 300Mb and now this is 30Mb Big Grin so it was suspicious
very high compression factor Big GrinTongueBig Grin
(12th Apr, 2016 12:30 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(12th Apr, 2016 12:26 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]sure but a bit confusing as all other images are over 300Mb and now this is 30Mb Big Grin so it was suspicious
very high compression factor Big GrinTongueBig Grin

XBian is supposed to be "a small, fast and lightweight media center distribution for the Raspberry Pi".

Even now, it only uses about 1.1G so it will fit on a 2 GB SD card if required i.e. small.

8G is not small, especially as it will be wasting over 6G of space.

Sure give users the option to install a NOOBS version, but also give the option for the standard image.
Yes, it is small after installing. But with big media library, hundreds or thousands of thumbnails, a couple of snapshots, you can forget using small sd cards.

My systems occupy more than 4G of disk space, and I don't have database files stored on sd card
Changed configuration a bit. Installation should work with 2GB sd-card (untested, don't have one)

Could anybody test it with 2GB and 4GB cards?
Doesn't work on 2G cards.

Needed 1865 MB Available 1746 MB

Openelec and OSMC are Ok.
WTF Angry forgot boot partition and 4G vs 4GiB

Fixed this, should be ok now Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's