Forum

Full Version: Keep stuff before clean reflash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hadn't used XBian for a while. Now I started using it again and had a lot of things to update. Something went wrong along the way and I believe my card is now corrupted, as I keep getting errors when trying to update.
I would like to do clean reflash with the latest XBian image, but it would be great if I could salvage some of the configurations/addons/favourites/licenses/etc that I have before reflashing. Basically save as much time as I can reconfiguring Kodi to my liking. Is there any way to do this?
login via SSH and backup/copy the folder "/home/xbian/.kodi".
If kodi/xbian versions dont differ too much, you can copy back one on one with new install.

And of course always keep a backup with the Kodi backup addon or the backup feature in the XBian menu.
(13th Apr, 2016 03:52 PM)deHakkelaar Wrote: [ -> ]login via SSH and backup/copy the folder "/home/xbian/.kodi".

Maybe using xbian-config, selection 7 would be better choice

Quote:And of course always keep a backup with the Kodi backup addon or the backup feature in the XBian menu.

This function within Kodi was broken for a long time. You have to update some packages first before doing that. And now we have chicken-egg problen. Update does not work, no backup works.

So better using xbian-config selection 6 in ssh session
(13th Apr, 2016 09:23 PM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe using xbian-config, selection 7 would be better choice

Thanks Nachteule. After I create these backups, how do I restore my kodi settings with them after I reflash my SD card?
(14th Apr, 2016 04:51 AM)supernano Wrote: [ -> ]
(13th Apr, 2016 09:23 PM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe using xbian-config, selection 7 would be better choice

Thanks Nachteule. After I create these backups, how do I restore my kodi settings with them after I reflash my SD card?

Never mind, just saw the instruction pop-up on xbian-config Smile
Reference URL's