Forum

Full Version: Unsolicited audio and pvr addons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have several addons installed in my system which I didn't install and many of which are disabled. I have tried uninstalling them, but after reboot they come up again. They are in the categories: audio decoders, audio encoders, audio dsp and pvr clients.
I'm trying to figure out how they got there. Are they installed by default in kodi for some reason? They particularly bother me, although if they're not needed I'd rather not have them there taking up space.
(17th May, 2016 07:29 AM)supernano Wrote: [ -> ]I have several addons installed in my system which I didn't install and many of which are disabled. I have tried uninstalling them, but after reboot they come up again. They are in the categories: audio decoders, audio encoders, audio dsp and pvr clients.

This are binary addons and they are always there, coming with package xbian-package-xbmc

Quote:I'm trying to figure out how they got there. Are they installed by default in kodi for some reason? They particularly bother me, although if they're not needed I'd rather not have them there taking up space.

That's ridiculous Tongue

Terminal

/usr/local/share/kodi/addons # du -BM -s
36M .
I wouldn't worry about them. They are only taking up a "little" bit of space.

If they annoy you, then you'll hate OE as they have added every Kodi language package by default... and you can't delete them.

However, I still believe that "it's my machine" and I can have what I want on it - unless it is detrimental to the OS. (Micro$ and IE).

It would be nice to be able to remove unwanted dross, especially things like "version check" which I don't want nor need.
Reference URL's