Forum

Full Version: Raspi3 and official touchscreen issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm absolutely new. Installed a fresh copy of xbian on raspi3 connected with the official touchscreen (flat cable, not hdmi). Boots normally on animated splash screen then goes black and after a couple minutes shows shell login prompt.

Any idea?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Seems current Kodi has issue if no HDMI connection exists.

Please try this version

Terminal

cd /tmp
kodi stop
wget http://apt.xbian.org/pool/devel/rpi2-jessie/x/xbian-package-xbmc/xbian-package-xbmc_16.1-1462731607_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i xbian-package-xbmc_16.1-1462731607_armhf.deb
kodi start
It worked! But after having error messages and finding out there's a typo in your dpkg command :-)

Now my second task is trying to understand if there's a way to use Xian for my original project which was a Raspi controlled dual din car stereo. Any suggestion? Main challenge I see here is interface...a car stereo should need big buttons and easy navigation...
(18th May, 2016 01:17 AM)tampano Wrote: [ -> ]It worked! But after having error messages and finding out there's a typo in your dpkg command :-)

Sorry, cut and paste mistake and not double checked Sad

Quote:Now my second task is trying to understand if there's a way to use Xian for my original project which was a Raspi controlled dual din car stereo. Any suggestion? Main challenge I see here is interface...a car stereo should need big buttons and easy navigation...

Not sure if Kodi is useful this Huh

What you need is a (special) skin for Kodi, don't know if there are already skins available for your need
I'd use "google". I remember seeing plenty of car related projects for the RPi when I was thinking of going down this route. Not stereo but movies for the demanding buggers in the back seat.

The biggest issue was power, or lack of. Mainly how to shut down the RPi cleanly when the ignition was turned off.

I would guess the re-touched skin would suit your needs, but there are many others
There's a project that seems interesting for car-stereo, and apparently there's a custom made skin in it...but at the moment I'm still unable to make that software run on my combo Raspi3 + official touchscreen...so I'm investigating different solutions.

http://engineering-diy.blogspot.co.uk

I have no knowledge on coding or about how to make a skin...but I'm open to ideas :-)

Btw...this seems a nice and easy solution for a manual switch off:
https://mausberry-circuits.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage
(18th May, 2016 03:17 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]The biggest issue was power, or lack of. Mainly how to shut down the RPi cleanly when the ignition was turned off.

Maybe OT but this should not be a problem.

Simplest would be a battery UPS for the pi and a signal from the car system power line. When the car powers off the pi gets an interrupt on a gipo (while powered still from the ups) and shutdown is commanded. Maybe even a big electrolytic would be enough?

Just a thought....
Reference URL's