Forum

Full Version: Alternative to RPi with enough power for HEVC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Those $ 16 shipping costs just piss me off quite a bit. Big Grin
(2nd Jun, 2016 02:05 AM)syco Wrote: [ -> ]Those $ 16 shipping costs just piss me off quite a bit. Big Grin

Hopefully you do not have to pay extra VAT when you receive your package Tongue
(2nd Jun, 2016 02:05 AM)syco Wrote: [ -> ]Those $ 16 shipping costs just piss me off quite a bit. Big Grin
That is steep.
(2nd Jun, 2016 03:34 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully you do not have to pay extra VAT when you receive your package Tongue

Oh, man, you are right, some luck needed there, as well. :\ Smile

(2nd Jun, 2016 05:51 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]That is steep.

That is what I thought, too, hm.
(26th May, 2016 01:54 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]I have a C1, C1+, and C2.

Heya, it is quite a while ago (nearly a year), but I went with another box (MXQ 4K Pro with S905 chipset) and am running LibreElec on it.

Unfortunately, there is no Xbian for it, but I must say, I am very happy/pleased with that 30 $ box. Finally, I can play all HEVC files or other consuming shit. Big Grin

Also, the box is much faster/more responsive than my Pi boxes, at least this was the case until I overclocked them today (see other thread with Kodi upgrade problem). Now the Pis seem fine, too, with the exception of still not supporting HEVC, I guess.

When I will replace one of my Pis, I think I will go with an Odroid like you did - even better software support.
The software support here is excellent really though, look at all the work that goes on at XBian GitHub.

But yes the Odroid devices are great as well, the XU4 finally received the update to the latest LTS 4.9.y kernel and the C2 isn't far behind.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's