Forum

Full Version: video calibration reverts back to default
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi. i went through the settings for video calibration following this path:
system/settings/system/video output/video calibration
and i calibrated the screen to my liking. i noticed that the calibration changes back to default at random times. i can't determine when exactly this happens. my first thought was that maybe the setting changes after a reboot but it doesn't. it's very annoying having to connect a mouse just for this.
1st I would like to ask why you doing calibration? This is usually not needed, especialy with most of the tv's and screens made after 2010.
You should be able to fit picture nicelly to your resolution just by selecting right resolution in settings and than use appropriate settings in your TV, so 16:9, overscan etc...
(14th Jun, 2016 07:59 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]1st I would like to ask why you doing calibration? his is usually not needed, especialy with most of the tv's and screens made after 2010.
You should be able to fit picture nicelly to your resolution just by selecting right resolution in settings and than use appropriate settings in your TV, so 16:9, overscan etc...

my tv is a 2015 model and the settings are already configured correctly. regardless tv settings, shouldn't xbian settings be permanent?
(14th Jun, 2016 09:28 PM)pyraylos Wrote: [ -> ]my tv is a 2015 model and the settings are already configured correctly. regardless tv settings, shouldn't xbian settings be permanent?

Yes it should, but as rikardo1979 already told, it makes absolutely no sense using this function using modern tv conected by HDMI (in my case I have Grundig TV and using screen format OverScan not Auto or anything else). Only this function is needed if you're using SDTV resulution. On my test SDTV system I adjusted screen once and never has been changed.

Btw, you do not need mouse to do that, you can use your TV remote control doing this as well.
(14th Jun, 2016 09:28 PM)pyraylos Wrote: [ -> ]my tv is a 2015 model and the settings are already configured correctly. regardless tv settings, shouldn't xbian settings be permanent?

Same here. My TV is a Samsung from 2015 and Overscan is active, but the picture still has to be calibrated , otherwise it is cut off Huh
@Senseohasser

Did you already tried deactivating Overscan? I set my Grundig TV to Overscan, but I'm not sure if this setting means "No Overscan".
(5th Aug, 2016 09:32 PM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]@Senseohasser

Did you already tried deactivating Overscan? I set my Grundig TV to Overscan, but I'm not sure if this setting means "No Overscan".

No, but will do Wink
Reference URL's