Forum

Full Version: Raspberry Pi 3 loosing wifi - busy status
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://[/img]
(21st Jul, 2016 11:31 PM)mgouin Wrote: [ -> ]I tried it and it at the "modprobe brcmfmac" command, it resulted in internal error oops 17. Refer to the attached screen shot. Sorry for poor quality, I took a picture of my TV at that point because no wifi, so no ssh access...

EDIT: I cannot add an attachment to the post? Is this normal?

Usually I'm uploading my pictures to picload.org and insert image then. This works for me
The forum attachment feature is definitely broken.

Meanwhile, here is the image from picload: http://pl.vc/x4qgr
Hmmm, never seen this on my RPi3. And I'm unloading/loading this module many times per day.

Did you checked your power supply or can you use another one?
Are you using onboard bluetooth and if not, can you disable t?
I only have a 2 Amps power supply that came with the Rpi3 kit.

I am not using Bluetooth. How can I check if it's enabled or not, and how to disable it?

Thanks again.
look into /boot/config.txt and uncomment dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt

Code:
# ****************************************************************
# * Raspberry Pi 3 onboard Bluetooth                             *
# ****************************************************************

# This parameter enables usage of miniuart (ttyS0) for BT.
# Please note that BT may not work properly if CPUFREQ_GOVERNOR
# is set to something else than performance (see also
# /etc/default/xbian-module-init-tools).
#dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt

# Disables onboard Bluetooth
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt
Hi sorry for the late response...

I did not have a chance to try disabling Bluetooth but when left idle, my PI3 wifi seems much more stable.

However, I found that I can "crash" the wifi almost 50% of the time by openning the tvheadend web view http://ip:9981/extjs.html

If the initial page load works, then I can continue to browse the tvh configuration for some time. Otherwise, the page does not load properly and this triggers a full non recoverable wifi down. I have to reboot.

If you or someone else has a Pi3 with tvheadend, I'd appreciate input if they have issues with the tvheadend web interface.

Thanks !
(27th Aug, 2016 12:56 PM)mgouin Wrote: [ -> ]If you or someone else has a Pi3 with tvheadend, I'd appreciate input if they have issues with the tvheadend web interface.

I can test TVH in the next days. I'm not using it on my RPi3, but having working config on my i.MX6 system.

Hmmm, IMO the broadcom wlan (hw and/or sw) is absolutely crappy. I wasn't able to get it work on my i.MX6 system (incredible slow) and now same issues and extremely unreliable on RPi3.
(28th Aug, 2016 09:41 PM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm, IMO the broadcom wlan (hw and/or sw) is absolutely crappy. I wasn't able to get it work on my i.MX6 system (incredible slow) and now same issues and extremely unreliable on RPi3.

I new to this system, but I start to believe you...

Regarding disabling BlueTooth, my /boot/config.txt looks like this (before mods):

Code:
#initramfs initramfs.gz  0x1000000
gpu_mem_1024=256
gpu_mem_512=144
gpu_mem_256=100
initial_turbo=3
dtoverlay=lirc-rpi
decode_MPG2=0x16baa230
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
disable_overscan=1
disable_splash=1

I added a second line for

Code:
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt

I assume it's ok to have multiple "dtoverlay=xxx" lines?

Also, could you let me know if you see anything unusual in the config.txt?

Thanks again!
(29th Aug, 2016 11:35 AM)mgouin Wrote: [ -> ]I assume it's ok to have multiple "dtoverlay=xxx" lines?

Yes, it's ok

Quote:Also, could you let me know if you see anything unusual in the config.txt?

Looks ok Smile
Hello,

I just want to confirm that with bluetooth disabled, I can still crash the wifi by accessing the tvheadend web interface.

If it can help, here is the last dmesg output after the crash:

Code:
[174174.396705] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_hostmail: Unknown mailbox data content: 0x40012
[174215.037175] brcmfmac: _brcmf_set_multicast_list: Setting mcast_list failed, -52
[174216.378840] init: wait-for-state (kill-splashxbmc-exits) main process (11721) killed by TERM signal
[174217.037166] brcmfmac: _brcmf_set_multicast_list: Setting allmulti failed, -52
[174219.037171] brcmfmac: _brcmf_set_multicast_list: Setting BRCMF_C_SET_PROMISC failed, -52
[174327.472947] systemd-logind[2360]: New session c2 of user xbian.

Thanks!
(31st Aug, 2016 02:31 PM)mgouin Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I just want to confirm that with bluetooth disabled, I can still crash the wifi by accessing the tvheadend web interface.

If it can help, here is the last dmesg output after the crash:

Code:
[174174.396705] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_hostmail: Unknown mailbox data content: 0x40012
[174215.037175] brcmfmac: _brcmf_set_multicast_list: Setting mcast_list failed, -52

Thanks!

You are not alone. See this issue, it is closed but seems not to be solved (users switched to working external wlan dongle and/or are using ethernet now)
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's