Forum

Full Version: CLock Freezes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is probably a Kodi issue rather than anything Xbian, but if you leave the pi displaying a menu screen the clock display in the top right corner freezes and no longer counts the time.

Anyone know a fix for this?
No, unfortunately absolutely no idea Huh Never seen before
Is this reproducible?
(29th Jul, 2016 08:50 PM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Is this reproducible?

It is for me ! Tongue

Go to 'Video' -> 'Files' and list some files on the screen. Then leave it alone for a while and check back later, you *might* see the same as me, the clock has not changed in the time it has been left. I believe it also did it with the weather page up, but not sure. Will check tonight.

I'll keep a look out to see if it does this in any other situation.
Checked. Time did not stopped, maybe you're living in a time discontinuity Tongue
Hmmmm....OK, thanks for trying it out. Maybe it's the projector then..... If I move the mouse when the time appears to have stood still, it instantly displays the correct time again. Perhaps after a while of no activity a frame buffer just displays the last active frame until 'something' wakes it all up again. I'm puzzled.

I'll have to try with a monitor and see if I have the same issue.

Cheers!
I have tracked this down to the screensaver function in Kodi. I set screen saver to 20 minutes and everything updated on the screen for 20 minutes and then it all froze. So at least I know where to look. I had the screen saver set as 'dim' but I will have to have another look tonight....
I'm also using Dim as screensaver. And yes, this is normal, if saver is active no screen updates will be done. Not sure if this is bug or feature.
(31st Jul, 2016 10:35 PM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also using Dim as screensaver. And yes, this is normal, if saver is active no screen updates will be done. Not sure if this is bug or feature.

Sorry, was my mistake. Clock is always refreshed. Only if TV has been turned off display will be frozen
Found that mine has 'somehow' changed to 'Black' instead of 'dim' - I have put it back and we will see how it goeas but I am now in the middle of trying to set up shared mysql for all pi boxes - Smile -- Put on your tin hats! Wink
(1st Aug, 2016 03:31 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]Found that mine has 'somehow' changed to 'Black' instead of 'dim' - I have put it back and we will see how it goeas but I

Sometimes same strange behavior happens here also Confused

Quote:am now in the middle of trying to set up shared mysql for all pi boxes - Smile -- Put on your tin hats! Wink

That is really good idea. Did this many years ago, never had problems
(1st Aug, 2016 03:39 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes same strange behavior happens here also Confused
Well, it was certainly the cause of the 'feature'.... But in looking into it there is another issue as well. When I select the weather to display on the home page, it does show up, but randomly the Kodi logo eventually returns in its place...... Confused Huh
(1st Aug, 2016 03:39 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]That is really good idea. Did this many years ago, never had problems

Oh do not worry, if there are any problems to be had, you can bet it will be me that gets them! Angel
(2nd Aug, 2016 06:54 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it was certainly the cause of the 'feature'.... But in looking into it there is another issue as well. When I select the weather to display on the home page, it does show up, but randomly the Kodi logo eventually returns in its place...... Confused

Are you using profiles? Same issue happens to me if I log off from my favorite profile and log on again.

But if I don't log off, weather icon is always there

Just checked, this is Kodi issue, happens on my notebook also
I only have one profile account showing in the menu and I have never set any others up.

Thanks for your time in testing this out, it's as I thought originally, an undocumented Kodi 'feature'. Wink
ARRGGGHHHH!!!!! - I spent hours today trying to find a fault with the VNC server and guess what? - It was this Kodi BUG again!!!

It seems that when it goes into 'Black' screensaver, it also stops all VNC connections from having any control. Sure you can connect with VNC and see the remote screen, but the mouse will only move and not allow any 'click' commands. It also shows a small cross as cursor no matter what you select in TVNCViewer. I didn't have the view only mode selected before anyone suggests that!

Just thought I'd mention it as it might save someone else a few hours looking in the wrong place. (But no way to remotely cure the problem I could find). I needed to attach a screen and do it all from there. Just setting back to 'Dim' screensaver solved the issue! Humph!.
Reference URL's