Forum

Full Version: Adjusting Brightness and Contrast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a possibility to adjust brightness and contrast of a hdmi Screen from kodi or from commandline?

I tried xbacklight but Problem is xrandr gives back: Can't open display
(1st Sep, 2016 06:48 PM)Halfbrain Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a possibility to adjust brightness and contrast of a hdmi Screen from kodi or from commandline?

AFAIK it is not possible. Found a discussion about this missing feature on this forum

Quote:I tried xbacklight but Problem is xrandr gives back: Can't open display

There is no running X, Kodi uses framebuffer display
(1st Sep, 2016 08:04 PM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(1st Sep, 2016 06:48 PM)Halfbrain Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a possibility to adjust brightness and contrast of a hdmi Screen from kodi or from commandline?

AFAIK it is not possible. Found a discussion about this missing feature on this forum

Quote:I tried xbacklight but Problem is xrandr gives back: Can't open display

There is no running X, Kodi uses framebuffer display

Thanks for your reply. I didn't see a brightness and contrast option in the kodi settings either. Am I missing something? Is there any possibility to change brightness and contrast inside kodi?
dont think there is as there is no need for such feature. Every TV or monitor have all these options (never ever came across one which does not) which can be adjusted
@Halfbrain

You don't see any option in Kodi because it is NOT supported on Raspberry Pi
(1st Sep, 2016 09:24 PM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]@Halfbrain

You don't see any option in Kodi because it is NOT supported on Raspberry Pi

Ok thanks for your info. I just need to know that to be sure.

I was thinking about starting the dim addon(the one that starts with the screensaver and dims the light) from a script instead.

Do you see any possibility using it? Would be a little bit of a hacky solution to control brightness.
(1st Sep, 2016 10:00 PM)Halfbrain Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about starting the dim addon(the one that starts with the screensaver and dims the light) from a script instead.

Do you see any possibility using it? Would be a little bit of a hacky solution to control brightness.

Sure, it is, see Kodi's built in functions

Terminal

xbmc-send.py --action=ActivateScreensaver
Reference URL's