Forum

Full Version: Pi2 -- Netgear A6210
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just like the title says I've installed a fresh copy of xbian on my RPi2 and having issues getting my Netgear A6210 installed... Does anyone have this network adapter and have it working? I've seen online that a guy has drivers out for this network adapter, which seem to work on raspbian, which I can install and try for myself to see if it works. However, I can't seem to get it to install on my xbian build. It keeps giving me errors when I try the "make" portion...

Just curious if anyone has had this adapter successfully installed on xbian.

github link
https://github.com/jurobystricky/Netgear-A6210

Code:
*** Building driver with debug messages ***

cp -f os/linux/Makefile.6 /home/xbian/Netgear-A6210/os/linux/Makefile
cp: cannot remove ‘/home/xbian/Netgear-A6210/os/linux/Makefile’: Permission denied
Makefile:59: recipe for target 'debug' failed
make: *** [debug] Error 1

Also forgot to say I'm pretty new to working in linux and writing things on the Pi, so if you need more information I might need to have you explain how to do it because like I said I'm pretty new... I am a computer programmer by trade so I do know a few things but unfortunately mainly all in the windows environments.
I think your access rights in folder /home/xbian/Netgear-A6210 are not correct

If you are logged in as user xbian, you could run sudo chown -R xbian:xbian /home/xbian/Netgear-A6210 and try again
Still hitting this issue, now hitting Error 2 Sad
Code:
xbian@xbian ~/Netgear-A6210 $ sudo make
export DBGFLAGS

*** Building driver with debug messages ***

cp -f os/linux/Makefile.6 /home/xbian/Netgear-A6210/os/linux/Makefile
make -C /lib/modules/4.4.20+/build DBGFLAGS=-DDBG SUBDIRS=/home/xbian/Netgear-A6210/os/linux modules
make[1]: *** /lib/modules/4.4.20+/build: No such file or directory.  Stop.
Makefile:59: recipe for target 'debug' failed
make: *** [debug] Error 2
You need package linux-headers-bcm2836

Terminal

sudo apt-get install linux-headers-bcm2836
Well I got it working, but there must be issues with the drivers because it temporarily found the networks then it lost them and now the network isn't working at all.
(13th Sep, 2016 06:46 AM)vandey Wrote: [ -> ]Well I got it working, but there must be issues with the drivers because it temporarily found the networks then it lost them and now the network isn't working at all.

.. or you have usb power issue

do you have parameter max_usb_current=1 in /boot/config.txt?
It's being powered by a Powered USB hub.
Hmmm, there were issues with other driver supporting mt7610u ... chipsets in 32bit environment. Maybe this is same issue here
Is there any other dual band AC usb network adapter that works out of the box for the pi?

I'm planning on doing some video streaming on my home network to it that will require quite a bit of bandwidth...
I have TP-LINK Archer T2U AC600 Dualband WLAN and TP-Link Archer T4U running (in 2.4GHz network). Do not have 5GHz AP but should work

Both have drivers included in XBian kernels
Thanks maybe I'll pick tha tone up instead...
There is Thread for the first one
I pick up the one you suggested it was a bit cheaper... however I think my hub is shot what is a really good hub to power the unit and the adapter with?
Don't know. You want to power RPi and adapter with USB hub? IMO not good idea
So you'd suggest a 2A power brick for the Pi what kind of output is suggested for the hub?

Or don't you have a hub on your setup? And you're using the USB max power command?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's