Forum

Full Version: Best option for PVR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'll describe my setup here. I have the SiliconDust HDHomerun Prime tuner with cable card provided by Comcast. I live in North America and I am looking for the best PVR backend that can run on the Pi 2, and can have the front end working on the Pi 2 as well. I've tried to install tvheadend but it looks like the DVB-C doesn't have the US networks available. When looking around for solutions it seems that tvheadend won't work with the HDHomerun Prime using the DVB-C settings. I can try to set it up as IPTV which isn't an issue but the configuration isn't that easy to look at.

My question is, what is the best PVR backend that can run on the Pi 2 and has a supported front end in Xbian? I've looked at VDR but in VDR do you have to have that running on a different machine? If not how do I get VDR configured with my HDHomerun Prime?
Why do you want to have PVR backend?

There is Kodi PVR Addon for that device and should work out of the box.

And there is Guide for using HDHomerung with TVheadend. Maybe this is better forum to getting help
Well for 1, I'm not a huge fan of the HDHomerun official app, it's clunky and the guide listings are horrible. I'd like to keep everything maintained on my one unit so I can remove a media center from always having to run. So if I need to have a server setup it'd be ideal to have it run on the Pi. I'd like to use Kodi's built in TV as the guide has a much more familiar layout.

2nd that guide you pointed out is to get the OTA channels I do not want, my tuner has the cable card so it does not act the the ATSC tuner (Hopefully that makes sense) tvheadend reads it as a DVB-C but there are no north american settings for that. The only Thing I've seen is that you have to set it up as IPTV instead...
Reference URL's