Forum

Full Version: Great Audiophile Christmas present
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just thought I'd share these 2 finds with you all. Anyone rich enough to buy me one for Christmas? Smile

http://www.avsforum.com/mag-lev-turntable/

or

http://elpj.com/

Tongue
sorry but have to disappoint you Tongue
The laser TT is bad as the laser beam read all the crap which may be sitting in grooves which leads to sound distortion where cartridge with stylus can compensate this pretty good Wink
The reason why these were never mas sold Smile

And the levitation TT has many questions to be answered, like how it going to cope with different weight of records (cheap one, 180g, 200g, etc). Than another weight thing is when you put different types of record clamps.
So all these different weights on platter is going to bring it up or down a bit which may affect VTA. So how this system is going to compensate this? Is there going to be laser measuring system which going to measure position of the record and correct the high of it so the VTA is not going to be affected?
Or some other clever design? Will see if they going to bring the prototype out Smile

Till then I am happy with my Clearaudio Concept Tongue

And in a case I would be lucky and save enough I would buy Clearaudio Innovation

But if you feel and have enough funds you may get Clearaudio Statement V2 Tongue Big Grin

I wish I could hear like you you audiophiles. My hearing is terrible, damaged from gunfire.
(13th Nov, 2016 04:43 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]I wish I could hear like you you audiophiles. My hearing is terrible, damaged from gunfire.

oh dear, sorry to hear m8. But you can still enjoy listening music Wink or you can't at all? Confused
(13th Nov, 2016 04:48 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(13th Nov, 2016 04:43 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]I wish I could hear like you you audiophiles. My hearing is terrible, damaged from gunfire.

oh dear, sorry to hear m8. But you can still enjoy listening music Wink or you can't at all? Confused

Yes I still enjoy music, just can't hear high pitched sounds like a watch beeping. If I put the watch next to my ear it sort of sounds like a click instead of a beep.

I believe my hearing is 90% in one ear and 60% in the other, been quite a while since I had a test.

As a side effect since all the high pitched sounds are filtered out I can hear low pitched sounds far beyond what most can, this can be a good and bad thing.

I have a 700 watt car audio system that I thoroughly enjoy Smile
Reference URL's