Forum

Full Version: Airplay not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(11th Aug, 2017 02:19 AM)dom__dom Wrote: [ -> ]Interestingly, I got it working for a short time with a clean install of xbian. However, that stopped somehow shortly after.

By manually installing the package "shairport-sync", I got to manage a perpament working connection to airplay.

Terminal
sudo apt-get install shairport-sync

Maybe installing this package may be helpful to someone else, too in order to get airplay running with xbian (worked out for me of the box with hifiberry digi+ and alsa output).

Very interesting. I suppose that Kodi is not needed anymore to stream music via Airplay to RPi's Dodgy
Just wanted to note, that I was experiencing a similar issue. All settings were correct in Kodi for airplay, but my Kodi was not showing up in my airplay devices list on my iphone. After reading this thread, I checked to make sure avahi-daemon and dbus were running. avahi-daemon was NOT running, although it was set to "auto-run". I restarted avahi-daemon and now it works correctly.

Thanks

running on Raspberry Pi 4
on wifi
(18th Aug, 2020 06:17 AM)devcircus Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to note, that I was experiencing a similar issue. All settings were correct in Kodi for airplay, but my Kodi was not showing up in my airplay devices list on my iphone. After reading this thread, I checked to make sure avahi-daemon and dbus were running. avahi-daemon was NOT running, although it was set to "auto-run". I restarted avahi-daemon and now it works correctly.

Thanks

running on Raspberry Pi 4
on wifi
A long dead thread but thank you for the information, could always help someone in the future.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's