Forum

Full Version: TV not working after Kodi 17 upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good afternoon

If it can help:

After the upgrade to Kodi 17.0 I noticed that tvheadend was not working anymore.

the syslog of the pi had this entry:
Code:
dvb_usb_v2: Did not find the firmware file 'dvb-usb-it9135-02.fw'. Please see linux/Documentation/dvb/ for more details on firmware-problems. Status -2

That's very explicit.

What I did on my laptop linux machine:

cd ~
mkdir linuxtv-git
cd linuxtv-git
git clone git://linuxtv.org/media_build.git
./build

after that, from my xbian:
sudo su
scp user@ip-of-laptop:/home/user/linuxtv-git/media_build/v4l/firmware/dvb-usb-it9135-02.fw /lib/firmware/dvb-usb-it9135-02.fw

One reboot after, everything is back to normal. Smile
This is one of the firmware files which were removed from recent kernel packages because they are in collision with one of Debian Stretch's firmware package.

See this and this commit
Thanks.

Well, since I'm very lucky, i'm going to buy a lottery ticket... :-D

More seriously, when the problem is fixed, will i have to do something about my manual installation of the firmware?
No, don't think so. Once Debian will be upgraded from Jessie to Stretch, your manually installed firmware file will be overwritten by the firmware package supplied by Debian.
Ok, thanks. :-)
Btw, in the meantime found better solution against file collision between firmware package(s) and kernel package Shy, all firmware files returned to kernel package
Reference URL's