Forum

Full Version: Advance Settings file on kodi 17.x for Pi 1B
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i've noticed that your guys just made the jump to the 17 version for the Pi 1B Smile

Just one question:
On the official Kodi wiki is stated than on version 17 and up the network part of the file has the following modification :
Quote:In Kodi v17, the following tags are removed from <network> and placed under a new <cache> tag. Also, <cachemembuffersize> is renamed to <memorysize> and <readbufferfactor> is renamed to <readfactor>.
See also: HOW-TO:Modify the cache

After the update on my Pi 1B unit, the advancedsettings.xml file is still like it was back on version 16.x, so my question is did you guys made any mods in this Kodi build to use the old "tags" or do i need to change anything in my file? (pasted below, my concern is just the network buffering method and size).

Thanks to all Smile

Terminal

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>29030720</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>2</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
1) advancecsettings.xml file will never be overwritten in /home/xbian/.kodi/userdata
2) no, we did not made any changes in /usr/local/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml

Would be good idea to update this file for Krypton Smile

Thanks for notification
(8th Mar, 2017 05:21 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]1) advancecsettings.xml file will never be overwritten in /home/xbian/.kodi/userdata
2) no, we did not made any changes in /usr/local/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml

Would be good idea to update this file for Krypton Smile

Thanks for notification

Do i have to modify the file to match the new format?

Should i modify the .kodi/userdata or the one on /usr/....... ? Apparently there are 2 files now, one in each directory but according to the official Kodi wiki the file to be modified is supposed to be the one in /.kodi/userdata/.

Also can you check if i the following modification would do the work, please ?:

Terminal

<cache>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<memorysize>29030720</memorysize>
<readfactor>2</readfactor>
</cache>

Thank you.
Looks fine Smile

You only have to change file in /home/xbian/.kodi/userdata.

/usr/local/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml will be overwritten by xbian-package-xbmc updates Exclamation
(8th Mar, 2017 06:27 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Looks fine Smile

You only have to change file in /home/xbian/.kodi/userdata.

/usr/local/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml will be overwritten by xbian-package-xbmc updates Exclamation

Ok Smile

Just modified the file. Hope this works (lol). Thanks again Smile
Reference URL's