Forum

Full Version: WIFI Dongle Setup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again,

I'm back on my project of a Pi Zero in an old handheld TV

Been looking through the help pages, searching on this forum and YouTube. Just can't find an answer.

I have been using a USB network LAN adapter today to install bits and pieces until the cable was getting in the way of the wife.

Plugged in my trusted WiFi dongle in to a power hub, all the same set up for the USB LAN.
For the life of me I can't see or understand how to connect to my WiFi network.

Using xbian 17 kyphon at the moment. Do I need to have both the LAN and dongle and SSH in?
(I would need help with that)
(8th May, 2017 03:28 AM)TheDutypaid Wrote: [ -> ]Using xbian 17 kyphon at the moment. Do I need to have both the LAN and dongle and SSH in?

No, run the xbian-config GUI (Setting->XBian) and configure your WLAN in category System
(8th May, 2017 05:46 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(8th May, 2017 03:28 AM)TheDutypaid Wrote: [ -> ]Using xbian 17 kyphon at the moment. Do I need to have both the LAN and dongle and SSH in?

No, run the xbian-config GUI (Setting->XBian) and configure your WLAN in category System

Thank you for the help and your service to this forum.

I had the touch interface which hid the Xbain config.
(8th May, 2017 06:41 AM)TheDutypaid Wrote: [ -> ]I had the touch interface which hid the Xbain config.

That's correct. Was playing a bit with touch skin but wasn't successful supporting xbian-config for that skin Sad
Go to Setting/XBian to run the xbian-config GUI then configure WLAN in System
Reference URL's