Forum

Full Version: XSqueeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I just found out about this and did a search here and nothing came up.....

So I am wondering if anyone has got this working on Xbian or if it might work. It seems to syncronise audio between rooms to stop the awful 'echo' effect you get streaming to multiple devices.

I am not sure yet if it only works with the HDMI out or if it works with I2S DAC as well. But I have no more time until a few days perhaps and by then maybe someone will tell me they have it working and how they did it! Smile

Cheers...... It's really hot here in the UK right now Cool (it won't last though Sad )
Don't use it, but found from here:
  • Raspberry Pi - In theory full support if your distro has alsa Note: XBian and Raspbmc provide alsa support out of the box. Libre/OpenELEC can be made to support ALSA with a minor configuration change (see below).
Your I2S device is already driven by ALSA, so it should work

Quote:Cheers...... It's really hot here in the UK right now Cool (it won't last though Sad )

Not only in UK Tongue
Yesterday I tried this. Installed the repo and then Xsqueeze onto 2 pi machines and did all I thought to be right but it wouldn't work. Then I realised that you had to install LMS as well, so I tried that and got a load of errors into the bargain. Still wouldn't work and now I have got beyond myself on this.

Looking more into it, it seems that this would need to be started manually every time you want to use it, so if that is the case then it is not suitable for purpose here with mostly headless pi installs.

One day a synchronised server/client will come along I am sure. Ideally one that will allow any pi to receive the audio from any other pi and play it in sync. Yup, it's a dream, but maybe one day. After all when I started with Xbian there were a lot of things I would have liked to have seen or been able to do, and now a lot of them are working every day! Smile
(23rd Jun, 2017 03:31 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]One day a synchronised server/client will come along I am sure. Ideally one that will allow any pi to receive the audio from any other pi and play it in sync. Yup, it's a dream, but maybe one day. After all when I started with Xbian there were a lot of things I would have liked to have seen or been able to do, and now a lot of them are working every day! Smile

I'm sure that there are a lot of client/server solutions working together with RPi. But I'm not the audio geek, I'm sure Rikardo knows more Smile
Well this solution isn't going to work the way I would like it to, so it has been removed now. I have a few others I found, but don't have much time to try them out as busy with IoT projects right now.

Maybe later in the year I will re-visit this.
I managed to run squeezelite in parallel with Kodi. Works like a charm. The Squeeze-protocols are okmin syncing. Not always perfect in sync, but correcting themselves.
Reference URL's