Forum

Full Version: kodi remove safely doens't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I have flashed a fresh image of xbian (with noobs and debian 9). I realized that I can't "remove safely" a disk. When I do it, anything happens, I have to connect via ssh to unmount the disk.

Does anyone have the same problem? I had an old image (with debian 8) and it worked properly.

Thanks.
Unfortunately I have to confirm that "Savely remove" from Kodi context menu does not do anything on fresh installations Huh

But, all my upgraded systems (from Jessie to Stretch) are working, so it's really a strange issue. There is nothing in Kodi's log, so it will be a bit tricky to solve this Dodgy

Please be patient Cool
well, I trust in you Smile
(1st Oct, 2017 02:00 AM)naox Wrote: [ -> ]well, I trust in you Smile

Nice Tongue

Found the reason, Kodi still using (depreciated) udisks package instead of udisks2. Unfortunately, Debian Stretch has dropped this package (Raspbian for RPi1 still having it), see Kodi bugreport, and of course, udisks2 is not compatible to udisks Angry

That's the reason why upgraded XBian's still working, but newer Stretch images doesn't work.

I'll put udisks package from Jessie to XBian Stretch Repo, so you can install udisks package manually
How fast!

I can confirm that it works.

What a pitty what you links says Sad

Thank you very much @Nachteule!
Reference URL's