Forum

Full Version: Cannot connect to Samba shares
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(24th Nov, 2017 01:27 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Ehm, I forgot to mention, that if you're using noauto as mount option, that mountpoint will be merged into autofs automagically for nfs, nfs4 and cifs mounts Smile (of course, not only if noauto is set, but it only makes sense if noauto is given)

For example, I'm using

Code:
kmcubie:/usr/src/xbian     /usr/src/xbian          nfs     defaults,noauto                            0       0

in my /etc/fstab for years and XBian is merging this into file /etc/auto.master.d/auto.xbian

Code:
/usr/src/xbian -fstype=nfs,defaults,noauto kmcubie:/usr/src/xbian

Look into file /etc/init/autofs-rebuild.conf, there is the magic code ...

Do I understand you correctly? You want to tell me I needn't do what is written in the autofs documentation (e. g. here: https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Autofs/), master map file, map files and stuff, but the script in /etc/init/autofs-rebuild.conf parses /etc/fstab for shares to nfs, nfs4 and cifs drives and is pushing them into a map file? Means all network shares in fstab that are not statically mounted (due to the noauto option) are forwarded to autofs and are being mounted on demand? Cool! THX for the hint!

Cheerz

Don
(24th Nov, 2017 08:02 AM)Don Pedro Wrote: [ -> ]
(24th Nov, 2017 01:27 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Ehm, I forgot to mention, that if you're using noauto as mount option, that mountpoint will be merged into autofs automagically for nfs, nfs4 and cifs mounts Smile (of course, not only if noauto is set, but it only makes sense if noauto is given)

For example, I'm using

Code:
kmcubie:/usr/src/xbian     /usr/src/xbian          nfs     defaults,noauto                            0       0

in my /etc/fstab for years and XBian is merging this into file /etc/auto.master.d/auto.xbian

Code:
/usr/src/xbian -fstype=nfs,defaults,noauto kmcubie:/usr/src/xbian

Look into file /etc/init/autofs-rebuild.conf, there is the magic code ...

Do I understand you correctly? You want to tell me I needn't do what is written in the autofs documentation (e. g. here: https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Autofs/), master map file, map files and stuff, but the script in /etc/init/autofs-rebuild.conf parses /etc/fstab for shares to nfs, nfs4 and cifs drives and is pushing them into a map file? Means all network shares in fstab that are not statically mounted (due to the noauto option) are forwarded to autofs and are being mounted on demand? Cool! THX for the hint!

Cheerz

Don

Exactly Big Grin And you don't have to restart anything after changing fstab, all is done automagically
(24th Nov, 2017 09:12 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly Big Grin And you don't have to restart anything after changing fstab, all is done automagically

Yep, this indeed seems to work flawlessly, no reboot problems, no errors due to outdated SMB versions, shares are mapped and available as needed, all fine!

THX for your support!

Don

(27th Nov, 2017 05:55 AM)Don Pedro Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, this indeed seems to work flawlessly, no reboot problems, no errors due to outdated SMB versions, shares are mapped and available as needed, all fine!

THX for your support!

Don

But how TF can I set a thread to "solved"? Didn't find any hint. Do I have to edit the first post of the thread and add "[SOLVED]" in the subject?

BR

Don
(27th Nov, 2017 05:55 AM)Don Pedro Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, this indeed seems to work flawlessly, no reboot problems, no errors due to outdated SMB versions, shares are mapped and available as needed, all fine!

Yep, this indeed seems to work flawlessly, no reboot problems, no errors due to outdated SMB versions, shares are mapped and available as needed, all fine!

THX for your support!

That's great, thanks for the feedback Smile

Quote:But how TF can I set a thread to "solved"? Didn't find any hint. Do I have to edit the first post of the thread and add "[SOLVED]" in the subject?

Yes, you have to edit your first post, but you don't have to edit subject text, just select "Solved" instead of "No Prefix" prefix
(27th Nov, 2017 06:50 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you have to edit your first post, but you don't have to edit subject text, just select "Solved" instead of "No Prefix" prefix

Ah, got it! Done.

Cheerz

Don
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's