Forum

Full Version: Kodi 18 Leia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there already Kodi 18 builds available on Xbian?

Some new features seem extremely interesting, as a matter of fact, mainly the plugin for Netflix is tickling me...

https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix

So do we already have testing builds of:
-Kodi 18
-Inputstream.adaptive >=v2.0.0 (should be included in your Kodi 18 installation)
-Libwidevine >=1.4.8.970
I don't know the answer to that question, sorry, but all I want from a new Kodi would be synchronised sound among clients and a decent gui. Big Grin
(23rd Dec, 2017 07:42 PM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know the answer to that question, sorry, but all I want from a new Kodi would be synchronised sound among clients and a decent gui. Big Grin
Doesnt the mysql backend work when using the same kodi version all acrosss? I played with it for a while way back and back then it did work... Also back then I set up my NAS to serve out kodi configs and I believe the thumbnail folder...
(23rd Dec, 2017 03:32 AM)gizag Wrote: [ -> ]Are there already Kodi 18 builds available on Xbian?

Some new features seem extremely interesting, as a matter of fact, mainly the plugin for Netflix is tickling me...

https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix

So do we already have testing builds of:
-Kodi 18
-Inputstream.adaptive >=v2.0.0 (should be included in your Kodi 18 installation)
-Libwidevine >=1.4.8.970

Leia testbuilds for Pi2/2 are not yet put online. I built already 3 versions (Mai, July and Nov) locally for testing, but nothing more.
Please be patient, its still on Alpha 1. Will continue after the holidays Smile
(23rd Dec, 2017 07:42 PM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know the answer to that question, sorry, but all I want from a new Kodi would be synchronised sound among clients and a decent gui. Big Grin

Hmmm, you can put it on your wish list Tongue
(23rd Dec, 2017 09:15 PM)gizag Wrote: [ -> ]
Doesnt the mysql backend work when using the same kodi version all acrosss? I played with it for a while way back and back then it did work... Also back then I set up my NAS to serve out kodi configs and I believe the thumbnail folder...

Skywatch was talking about sound, that has nothing to do with a common mysql library
@gizag ... @Nachteule was correct (as he has an annoying ability to be most of the time) Tongue

I have a shared mysql and that is great. But synchronised sound (like sonos does) would be good built in to kodi. It requires more overhead on the network as the packets need to include timing info as well as the audio stream, and all clients need to have accurate synchronised clocks to precisely time playback. But the rewards would be good and I can't see it being that difficult for people who already made Kodi from the ground up.

Cheers!
(23rd Dec, 2017 11:05 PM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(23rd Dec, 2017 09:15 PM)gizag Wrote: [ -> ]

Skywatch was talking about sound, that has nothing to do with a common mysql library

you're right Wink I read synchronized and my mind jumped into assumptions Wink
@gizagg

No problem! - Just early sign of old age! Wink
(25th Dec, 2017 12:23 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]@gizagg

No problem! - Just early sign of old age! Wink

I'm fully aware that at 32 the degradation has set in.... Party mode off and such... Thanks for the reminder Wink Big Grin
Pah! - 32?

You're still a baby - plenty of partying years left! Wink
(29th Dec, 2017 09:40 PM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]Pah! - 32?

You're still a baby - plenty of partying years left! Wink

Yeah !!! Still not grown up LOL Big Grin
(29th Dec, 2017 11:55 PM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah !!! Still not grown up LOL Big Grin

At least you admit it Tongue

Still - It sounds like a good reason to get some beers one day! Big Grin (But I forgot to do the lotto tonight, so maybe next year?)..... Huh
Reference URL's