Forum

Full Version: Kodi v18 (Leia) testbuilds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello everyone.

I'm new user of xbian. It's seems to work fiiiine!
I don't know much about it, and I don't find out how update to kodi 18.
I'm on raspberry pi3
I have enabled devel repo
Refresh Package list
But didn't find You have to enable devel repo
Refresh package list
But didn't find xbian-package-xbmc

Can someone hep me please?

Thanks you for your answers
I'm gonna try it and keep you inform!
Thanks again
Hello,
I still can't find it.
In which section is it?
On the raspberry, I'm in parameter, xbian, update.
Do I have to do this from a computer?
(10th Feb, 2019 06:42 PM)Tyout Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I still can't find it.
In which section is it?
On the raspberry, I'm in parameter, xbian, update.

Yes, this is the right place

Quote:Do I have to do this from a computer?

Of course, NO!

1) Enable staging repository see here
2) Click "Check for system updates"
3) xbian-package-xbmc must appear in the upgradable packages
I don't know how, but I succeed.
I still haven't find it, but I think I update something like xbian-config.
And now it's on kodi 18.0.
Thanks so much for your help.
(9th Feb, 2019 12:12 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Choice 1)...
Choice 2)...
Choice 3)...

THX for recommending solutions! However the problem sort of resolved itself. Shortly after I wrote the last post my SD card suddenly died. Angry
Strange effect, it's still completely readable but any write attempts to the card don't work anymore, I guess something in the write electronics broke. There is not write protect switch on the card and I tried on different machines and with different card reader, all the same.

So I had to reinstall the Raspi on a new media, I pulled the latest image and now it's in fact uncompressed and I can mount it on my other linux machines. And as I was sort of sick of having to deal with not-so-long-lived sd cards I enabled booting from USB stick on my Raspi and now operate it with a separately plugged stick.

Cheerz
(15th Feb, 2019 08:37 AM)Don Pedro Wrote: [ -> ]
(9th Feb, 2019 12:12 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Choice 1)...
Choice 2)...
Choice 3)...

THX for recommending solutions! However the problem sort of resolved itself. Shortly after I wrote the last post my SD card suddenly died. Angry
Strange effect, it's still completely readable but any write attempts to the card don't work anymore, I guess something in the write electronics broke. There is not write protect switch on the card and I tried on different machines and with different card reader, all the same.

Murphy's law Exclamation

I know this annoying 'feature' very well. About 2 years ago, 3 Samsung micro-sd cards died, almost at the same time. All were read only. IMO this is a bug in Samsung's sd-card controller, so I changed vendor.

Quote:So I had to reinstall the Raspi on a new media, I pulled the latest image and now it's in fact uncompressed and I can mount it on my other linux machines. And as I was sort of sick of having to deal with not-so-long-lived sd cards I enabled booting from USB stick on my Raspi and now operate it with a separately plugged stick.

But you should be aware, that USB sticks are not much better than sd-cards Dodgy Tongue
(somehow I am not allowed to start a new topic. This one is my closest match to my issue)

Kodi 18 is recently released for stable, I therefore accidentically updated to it. Except for having to reset the screen resolution back from 640x480 to my 1920x1200 everything ran as before. Good work!

However, I came across one issue so far (because I have connected Xbian to home automation Domoticz, where I have an action connected to the status 'screensaver' in Kodi):

-Start a new audio album
-Kodi status in Domoticz is 'Audio'
-After 5:00 minutes, Kodi gives a status update "GUI.OnScreensaverActivated received"
-Screensaver status stays active until the next audio track starts
-All remaining tracks will be played afterwards without 'screensaver' status update, no matter how long the tracks are
-When the album is finished, Kodi status will be displayed as 'On' (normal behaviour)

-When somewhere during play of the album, the pause button is used, and 'play' button afterwards, the 5:00 minutes thing with the screensaver starts over, repeating the list as described above.

This screensaver status behaviour didn't happen with previous Kodi versions.
(18th Feb, 2019 05:43 AM)jakenl Wrote: [ -> ](somehow I am not allowed to start a new topic. This one is my closest match to my issue)

That' weird, you should be able to do that Huh

Quote:Kodi 18 is recently released for stable, I therefore accidentically updated to it. Except for having to reset the screen resolution back from 640x480 to my 1920x1200 everything ran as before. Good work!

However, I came across one issue so far (because I have connected Xbian to home automation Domoticz, where I have an action connected to the status 'screensaver' in Kodi):

-Start a new audio album
-After 5:00 minutes, Kodi gives a status update "GUI.OnScreensaverActivated received"
-All remaining tracks will be played afterwards without 'screensaver' status update, no matter how long the tracks are
-When the album is finished, Kodi status will be displayed as 'On' (normal behaviour)

-When somewhere during play of the album, the pause button is used, and 'play' button afterwards, the 5:00 minutes thing with the screensaver starts over, repeating the list as described above.

This is an already investigated issue, you just have to wait for new xbian-package-xbmc-scripts, which will be available tonight
Smile
(18th Feb, 2019 05:51 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(18th Feb, 2019 05:43 AM)jakenl Wrote: [ -> ](somehow I am not allowed to start a new topic. This one is my closest match to my issue)

That' weird, you should be able to do that Huh

Quote:Kodi 18 is recently released for stable, I therefore accidentically updated to it. Except for having to reset the screen resolution back from 640x480 to my 1920x1200 everything ran as before. Good work!

-Start a new audio album

This is an already investigated issue, you just have to wait for new xbian-package-xbmc-scripts, which will be available tonight
Smile
Thanks, I found the updates today and installed them. After a reboot (just to be sure), I ran an audio album. However, it still has the same behavior as described before. I checked all symptoms, including a pause-play after 25 minutes into the album: again after 5 minutes the screensaver thing. The update doesn't seem to solve the issue.
(19th Feb, 2019 05:17 AM)jakenl Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I found the updates today and installed them. After a reboot (just to be sure), I ran an audio album. However, it still has the same behavior as described before. I checked all symptoms, including a pause-play after 25 minutes into the album: again after 5 minutes the screensaver thing. The update doesn't seem to solve the issue.

Hmmm, seems I misunderstood you completely. Probably I did not have read your previous post correctly, bc there was a screensaver issue with an external script.

Now I have read your post many times, but unfortunately I do not understand exactly what the problem is Sad
(19th Feb, 2019 05:59 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(19th Feb, 2019 05:17 AM)jakenl Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I found the updates today and installed them. After a reboot (just to be sure), I ran an audio album. However, it still has the same behavior as described before. I checked all symptoms, including a pause-play after 25 minutes into the album: again after 5 minutes the screensaver thing. The update doesn't seem to solve the issue.

Hmmm, seems I misunderstood you completely. Probably I did not have read your previous post correctly, bc there was a screensaver issue with an external script.

Now I have read your post many times, but unfortunately I do not understand exactly what the problem is Sad
Ouch, bad description from my side, by reading your response.

I will try again:
While playing audio/video, Kodi shares that status, so other, external, devices can interact with that.

Kodi 17:
Play an audio album or movie: During the whole album/movie, the status would be 'audio' or 'video'. Good

Kodi 18:
Play movie: during the whole movie, the status remains 'video'. Good
Play audio: after 5:00 minutes, Kodi status broadcast changes to 'screensaver' (while the audio keeps playing, with the littlest interruption at the 5:00 minute sign). This status remains until the next track at some point after 5:00 minutes will start. After that the Kodi status will remain 'Audio' until the end of the whole album, no matter how long it takes. (During that whole album the screen will be 'dim', so that part is OK, just it's broadcasting is wrong
Pause Audio and restart: 5:00 minutes after restart, the screensaver status becomes active again. Also reset to 'Audio' by the first new track after those 5 minutes.

After the audio album is finished, the Kodi status should change to screensaver indeed, but it doesn't do that, while the actual screensaver (dim) is 'on'.

Since I use the 'screensaver' status in Domoticz to decide whether my receiver may be turned off, it did so promptly after these 5 minutes Confused

Don't hesitate to ask again. The issue is easy to 'experience', but needs a lot of words to describe. Sorry for that.
So the problem is:

Kodi is reporting 'screensaver kicked in' while playing audio, but Kodi should delay that message until audio session ends - right?

Hmmm, it seems not to be an XBian issue, maybe better to open an issue here or ask in Kodi forum

- Edit-
Have another question:
Did the screensaver went active while playing audio in previous versions?
@jakenl

I did some more tests, result:

Kodi 17.6: while playing audio, screensaver is not being activated and showing the 'Now playing ...' osd
Kodi 18.0: while playing audio, screensaver is activated and does not display the 'Now playing...' osd

The good news is, after some testing, I found a workaround Smile :
Enabling a Visualization addon (does not matter which one) prevents the screensaver to kick in and 'Now playing ...' osd is shown again

But of course, no good news without bad news Sad :
Currently no Visualization addon are available in the package. So, you have to wait until new build run has been finished and after updating xbian-package-xbmc 3 addons are available

Anyway, seems to be an issue in Kodi v18, v17 might have an dummy Visualization included
(20th Feb, 2019 03:43 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]@jakenl

I did some more tests, result:

Kodi 17.6: while playing audio, screensaver is not being activated and showing the 'Now playing ...' osd
Kodi 18.0: while playing audio, screensaver is activated and does not display the 'Now playing...' osd

The good news is, after some testing, I found a workaround Smile :
Enabling a Visualization addon (does not matter which one) prevents the screensaver to kick in and 'Now playing ...' osd is shown again

But of course, no good news without bad news Sad :
Currently no Visualization addon are available in the package. So, you have to wait until new build run has been finished and after updating xbian-package-xbmc 3 addons are available

Anyway, seems to be an issue in Kodi v18, v17 might have an dummy Visualization included
Thanks for spending your time on this. I'm not a fan of visualisations. With a dummy one, you mean one without moving elements?

Knowing this, would it help to raise it as an issue on Kodi github?
(20th Feb, 2019 04:59 AM)jakenl Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for spending your time on this. I'm not a fan of visualisations. With a dummy one, you mean one without moving elements?

Me too Tongue
No, I meant that v17 has that behavior included without an active visualisation addon. So it seems that there was a hidden dummy visualisation active which simply does nothing

Quote:
Knowing this, would it help to raise it as an issue on Kodi github?

Of course, yes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's