Forum

Full Version: Seagate disks no longer automounting after upgrading to Linux 4.14.24+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(20th Mar, 2018 09:16 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(20th Mar, 2018 09:13 AM)Roy Terhaar Wrote: [ -> ]Any other things that I need to do after rebooting?

Yes Smile
You can revert changes in file update-initramfs ...
... and after reverting changes in xbian-arch, you can check output of xbian-arch and xbian-arch revision again

Ok. Thanks so far for the help. I will continue tomorrow, make your suggested changes and check if everything is back in working order including the mount of the USB disks.
I still have no clue what happened to my system, since the only thing I have done (and so many times before) is using gui xbian-config to execute the updates and it always worked fine...
Maybe we will never know. Anyway I will report back and let you know on the progress of my checks.
Ok, good night Smile Awaiting your report later Tongue
(20th Mar, 2018 09:26 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, good night Smile Awaiting your report later Tongue

After rebooting and reverting back the manual changes, xbian-arch and xbian-arch revision return the expected output.
Both USB drives automount again as they did before this issue.
I also checked all other programs that I use to run and my conclusion is that I run a sane machine again!
Cool
So this thread can be set to solved.

Thanks again for the effort you put in this to get it resolved Smile
Good news, thanks for reporting Smile

Setting thread to solved
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's